Trying to get back on track.

Options
Hi, I am 66, female, kind of active and NEED accountability . My name is Donna.
I lost 25 pounds on Noom, but decided not to renew. I need to lose 15 more to be at a weight that is healthy.
I have used MFP for a long time and enjoyed the app.
I am not familiar with following community threads, but will try to muddle through.
Thanks and good luck as we try to get healthier.

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,858 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi Donna 👋 Welcome to the community! Wishing you success with your health and fitness goals.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,816 Member
    Options
    Hi, Donna/@donnanaystewart -

Congratulations on your success so far: 25 pounds is great! You can lose those 15 pounds, I'm sure.

I'm about your age, 67 in my case, and also pretty active. I guess the big difference is that I've been here on MFP for well over 7 years now, starting with losing from class 1 obese to a healthy weight during roughly the first year, then maintaining a healthy weight since.

I'm wondering what you mean by "accountability"? To me, intentions and commitment are mostly an internal thing, though I can (have and do!) learn from other people, in terms of things to try, or strategies for getting through some particularly challenging thing. The Community here is great for that!

There are some groups described over in the Challenges and Motivations parts of the MFP Community here, ones that are focused on sharing progress or working on goals in a more structured way. Is that the sort of thing you mean by "accountability"? If so, they might we worth taking a look at, see if any of them fit your needs.

I'm guessing that Noom gave you some groundwork for establishing new eating and activity habits, and that can be really powerful. For myself, I didn't really think of weight loss as a project with an end date, but as a time to experiment, dial in an appropriate calorie level with good nutrition (eating foods I enjoy), so that I could create new routine habits. I wanted those habits to stand me in good stead for staying at a healthy weight long term, ideally permanently, after reaching goal weight . . . without requiring much willpower, motivation or discipline (things I'm not good at)! So far, so good, I guess.

Regardless of what you decide to do going forward to give you the structure you need, I wish you much success here!