Calorie and macro goals

Options
Tatted_Gemini
Tatted_Gemini Posts: 10 Member
Every day when I sign on my calorie and macro split changes. I have to go into goals multiple times a day and reset it. I pay for premium and don’t understand why a simple feature won’t work. Any advice?

Best Answer

Answers

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Do you have a device synced and/or are you manually adding exercise?
  • Tatted_Gemini
    Options
    No device synced and when I log an exercise I put 1 cal only
  • jbjsbi
    jbjsbi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    same here. premium sucks so far. Also can't see the recipes saved from recipe discovery on the web version
  • Tatted_Gemini
    Options
    durden wrote: »
    Apologies for any problems you are having. To reach our support team for assistance, please visit https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com

Already tried with no resolution
  • durden
    durden Posts: 3,185 MFP Staff
    Options
    Apologies for any problems you are having. To reach our support team for assistance, please visit https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com

Already tried with no resolution

Looks like you have a support ticket open and are working with an agent. Please continue to troubleshoot with them to find a resolution to this issue.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Every day when I sign on my calorie and macro split changes. I have to go into goals multiple times a day and reset it. I pay for premium and don’t understand why a simple feature won’t work. Any advice?
    I’m having the same issue.. i feel like MFP is changing my nutrition goals to accommodate my weight loss goal, it keeps changing my calories down and defaults my macros %50,20,20 or something like that. I noticed when I change my weight loss goal from 1 pound per week not active to half pound per week not active it moves my calorie goal back up to the 1400 something I’d prefer for my personal needs, I have yet to see if the macros and calorie goals stay the way I set them as this is a new issue I just started having the last few days but I’m hoping for the best. Let us know what MFP tech support tells you about the issue, others could benefit from the advice.. I’m confused if it’s a glitch in the system as I used to be able to set whatever “goals” I wanted and MFP would simply let me know if it was considered unhealthy, im not a premium user either and I’ve used this app for years so this issue/feature is definitely new..
  • durden
    durden Posts: 3,185 MFP Staff
    Options
    I’m having the same issue.. i feel like MFP is changing my nutrition goals to accommodate my weight loss goal, it keeps changing my calories down and defaults my macros %50,20,20 or something like that. I noticed when I change my weight loss goal from 1 pound per week not active to half pound per week not active it moves my calorie goal back up to the 1400 something I’d prefer for my personal needs, I have yet to see if the macros and calorie goals stay the way I set them as this is a new issue I just started having the last few days but I’m hoping for the best. Let us know what MFP tech support tells you about the issue, others could benefit from the advice.. I’m confused if it’s a glitch in the system as I used to be able to set whatever “goals” I wanted and MFP would simply let me know if it was considered unhealthy, im not a premium user either and I’ve used this app for years so this issue/feature is definitely new..

Your goals are resetting to the default (macros at 50/20/20) because you are updating your goals and changing your activity level. This is expected behavior- Once you have goals nailed down, they should remain fairly consistent as long as you stop adjusting them.
  • cjchristi
    cjchristi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The same thing is happening to me. I have had to reset it so many times!
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Same thing is happening to me multiple times a day and I am not adjusting anything but every time I go to add my food to my diary it’s jumped back to 50. 20 20
    Whereas I’ve set my custom for keto at
    5% 25% 70% I’m a premium member also so very annoying
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Your goals are resetting to the default (macros at 50/20/20) because you are updating your goals and changing your activity level. This is expected behavior- Once you have goals nailed down, they should remain fairly consistent as long as you stop adjusting them.

I was only changing my goals in hopes that my calories and macros would stay were I set them, thinking I was setting them to an unhealthy level. That has not worked. Everyday, almost, I check in and my diary setting have defaulted back to 50% carbs, 30%protein and 20% carbs, it has also on some days changed my calorie goals and my fitness goals. I go back into the settings to reset it how I like and that lasts for a day or two. The advice I've found has said to make sure Im running the updated version of the app and if so to delete app and reinstall.

Has anyone else found other advice to fix this bug?

This discussion has been closed.