Hopefully success doesn't know any age limits

Options
Hi Folks, My name is Pam and I'm a 78 year old retired RN and live in South Carolina. I'm not originally Southerner, born and raised in NJ, lived in PA for many years and AZ for 20 years. Just moved back East. I've been gaining weight steadily for many years. I was recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and for the first time in my life I'm taking meds for hypertension. I decided that the New Year gives me an opportunity to start fresh. I have always disliked logging in my food but I think it's a necessary way to keep track of what I'm eating. So I'm doing it and I've lost a few pounds. I've cut out sugar which was actually pretty easy. I like to crochet and I'd love to improve my skills. I would like to loose at least 50 lbs and get off the blood pressure medication, maybe even the cpap machine which I really dislike. I'm really tired of looking at myself at my present weight and would like to be seeing a slimmer, heathier person with more energy.

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,860 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi, Pam 👋 Welcome to the MyFitnessPal Community! Wishing you success with reaching your health and fitness goals.
  • Jenni4w
    Jenni4w Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! Are you welcome to ideas shared in a group? I’d like to meet others who may be starting the journey and have “guest pro’s” answer and inspire!