Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Fix the app for those doing Keto! Don't reset goals just to update weight

Options
tobint
tobint Posts: 1 Member
I tried to update my weight today. And it warned me that by changing my weight, I'd have my goals reset. Why would I need my macro levels reset just because I weigh less? I understand that calorie intake and grams will change. But why change my percentages?! Every time I weigh in I have to reset my macros?
Tagged:
7 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

Be sure you are logging weights in the Progress area. If you edit your starting weight, you may run into the program re-adjusting your goals.

Replies

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 731 MFP Staff
    Options
    Apologies for the confusion! It sounds like you are editing your starting weight, instead of logging a new weight entry. Logging weight entries should not adjust your current goals.

On your Dashboard, scroll down to your Progress section where your progress cards will be displayed. Tap on the Weight card.

If you'd like to add a new weight, tap the + button on the top right of the screen.

To delete an entry, locate the weight/measurement you want to remove, put your finger on the entry and then swipe left. A red Delete option should appear for you to remove the unwanted entry.

At the top left of the screen, you can choose a measurement to display. By default, Weight will be shown. However, by tapping Weight, you can choose to display any measurements you might have added such as wait, steps etc.