prenancy support?

Options
I don't really want to go to another website designed for pregnancy fitness because I've mastered this one and enjoy MFP. I just found out I'm pregnant today and know I shouldn't cut my calories so much but I also know I don't need to up them like I've done in the past that put me 15 lbs overweight and not able to lose it. MY goal was to lose this weight before getting pregnant but God had other plans! =)
anyways, is there a group already otu there offering this support?

Replies

• auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    sorry totally spelled that wrong!!!

PREGNANCY SUPPORT
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    There is a board already---I don't have the link right here, but search for pregnancy-july. A new thread starts every month. Congratulations!
  • carolinaf6
    carolinaf6 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I wish I could get pregnant right now! after my marathon in November I might start trying. I think you should re-evaluate your goals to your desired weight gain for your pregnancy. You can say "gain 1 lb a week" for however you want to do so, and it will map out a calorie goal for you. I was trying to get my sister to do the same thing when she got pregnant in December. Let me know how it works out!!!!!
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Congrats! My husband and I are TTC right now and I am reading everything I can get a hold of about pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, nutrition, etc. Everything I have read sais that when pregnant you need an additional 300 calories for the baby, most in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. I would slowly increase you calories manually. Good luck!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! While I wasn't on here when I was prego, and had twins which throws off the cal amounts, I would ask your dr what they think. You'll be going monthly so they can make changes if need be each time you go in.

They do say about 300 extra calories per child. Maybe for the time being, and until you get to the dr, change your goals on here to maintenance and maybe add 300 to that. All else being equal, you can still exercise. Just listen to your body and def. call the dr if you need anything.

Congratulations again. Babies are amazing!