I need healthy snacks

Options
I know fruit is a good healthy snack... Yogurt I think is a GREAT healthy snack... but what else.. I am thinking of vegetables.. and they don't sound too good.. not good at all... I am thinking of smoothies... ?? anyone else have some safe snacks??

Replies

• shae123
    shae123 Posts: 26
    Options
    I do celery with a little bit of peanut butter, it gives you some protein and helps curb the hunger...sugar free jello is great, it is sweet and only has 10 calories.
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I limit I snack to 100 calories and that way I can have a variety. Reduced fat vegetable thins with low fat garden vegetable cream cheese, 100 calorie snack pac (of whatever) veges and dip, weight watchers bread with low fat PB and 12 almonds.
    My all time fav- Curves strawberry granola bar.

Enjoy
  • jlayney
    jlayney Posts: 22
    Options
    i do fruit leather (like a fruit rollup without the added sugar and artificial junk) and 1/4 c. of unsalted sunflower seeds. I buy a big bag of the seeds and measure them out into ziplocks, then throw in a fruit leather (they come individually wrapped) and i'm set. I also drink tons of water which really helps keep cravings down. it's good to eat nuts for a snack becuase they keep grehlin from producing in your stomach, which is what makes it growl.

here's a wikipedia def:
    Ghrelin is a hormone produced mainly by P/D1 cells lining the fundus of the human stomach and epsilon cells of the pancreas that stimulates hunger.

i just remember that grehlin=growlin'! i know it's cheesy, but it works. so nuts and fruit. a combo of carb and protein. try to stay away from sugary things becuase they fill you up for 5 seconds and then you're crashing again.

j'layne
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    I've seen some recipes that sneak veggies into fruit/yogurt smoothies--like spinach with no weird taste. I go in spurts with my veggies. I tend to always reach for fruit.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I happen to love veggies so my snacks are often finger sized amounts of those. I like to dip them in hummus if Im really hungry as that helps ward off the stomach growlies a bit better, or a handful of almonds, yogurt, or fruit of course.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    The sugar free pudding cups. Kraft makes some good ones and so does Jello. The varieties range from 45 - 80 calories each. I eat one every two days for a snack. They do contain aspartame which many like to avoid.

The 100 calories packs

Rice cakes (check to see if the sodium levels are okay for you).

Like someone else suggested, Celery and peanut butter.

An apple with a spoonful of peanut butter is great as well. I suggest an organic peanut butter. The taste takes some getting used to but once you do its great.
  • solvig
    solvig Posts: 25
    Options
    One of my favorites lately has been to slice up a cucumber in a bowl and pour a little rice vinegar over it. Super yummy and hardly any calories. Really fills me up too!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Here's some of my healthy snacks, hopefully you will find them helpful :)

- raw almonds
    - rice cakes (plain) with a tbsp of peanut butter
    - low fat cottage cheese
    - baby carrots with hummus
    - kashi bars
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Love baby carrots & hummus (just made my first batch of homemade the other night!!), almonds are great and very satisfying, i also like celery with cream cheese or peanut butter, carrots with peanut butter (i buy the freshly ground from the organic section of kroger).