Low calorie non-alcoholic beverages to order in a bar

Options
2»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,005 Member
    Options
    well I guess tipping as a system is a debate in itself - beyond scope of this thread.

My intention was not to suggest that anywhere else has a better system - just to point out that tipping advice isnt really relevant if we dont know where OP is.

• GloriaBJN
    GloriaBJN Posts: 78 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I tipped the server because I knew her. This tipping rule book, despite the fact that the server actually gets paid to do her job, has me staying home more than I should have to. Not everyone can afford the food plus tip. Being financially responsible goes both ways, and sometimes you need the money more than the server....outside of the U.S. Tipping has become an expectation, when tipping could realistically be expected when you ask for special service. I know servers that push service expecting the person to tip big. This really turns me off. There's no balance in the expectation equation. As often as not, I'll round off the payment.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Sorry, didn't mean to derail! I just mentioned tipping offhand as a personal practice because it's the norm where I live and continuing to do so even if not consuming alcohol engenders a lot of goodwill with bartenders.

I would not advise contradicting norms wherever you are; continue to do what's considered polite when you go out, whatever it is, and be kind to service staff, because they're people too and often have to put up with a lot of nonsense.
  • serenecompassion2663
    Options
    Non-Alcoholic Beer
    Still has a small amount of alcohol in it.
    My first AA Sponsor and her husband got drunk on the stuff after drinking it all night.