help!

Options
I just started MFP and so far I like it but I have a small problem I've gone over my sugar limit every day. The first day I sweetened my oatmeal and tea with honey and then I found out I could only have 2tbsp honey for the whole day without going over my limit. So I did away with it all together. Just eating fruit and yogurt though has put me w as y past my sugar as well. About how much fruit should I be eating a day? Is it bad if it's coming from fruit and plain greek yogurt?

Replies

• jessiefied
    Options
    Dont worry about going over - I normally eat double my sugar count in a day just from fruit / milk etc. If your not eating huge amounts of cake/biscuits/chocolate etc then theres no need to worry.
  • klinger6395
    klinger6395 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    sugar is irrelevant to weight loss.......
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I cut all added sugar (honey, white sugar, agave....) I do use stevia in my coffee but because all my sugars come from fruit and veggie and whole grains, I ignore the sugars.

If you have processed foods and sweetened items (like candy or pop) then I would pay more attention to the sugars.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on anything but the calories at first. Pay attention to the numbers, but don't beat yourself up for going over. In fact I removed the sugar column from my diary - my macros are Protein, Carbs, Fat, Cholesterol, and Sodium. If my sugar is over, it's usually from fruit, so that's fine with me.