Not enough protein?

Options
While not an actual vegetarian, I'm not a big meat fan. Does anybody have a few good, high-protein ideas that don't involve a huge slab of steak. (I'm trying to lose weight.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• pieee3
    Options
    Whey protein for breakfast, after the gym and before you sleep?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    While not an actual vegetarian, I'm not a big meat fan. Does anybody have a few good, high-protein ideas that don't involve a huge slab of steak. (I'm trying to lose weight.:flowerforyou:

People who eat steak don't lose weight?
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options

People who eat steak don't lose weight?

:laugh:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is great, unless you're watching your sodium. Also Greek yogurt, almonds, peanut butter, beans, tuna and salmon, just to a name a few. Google for some high protein recipes with ingredients you already enjoy and I'm sure lots of great ideas will come up. I get stuck on the same recipes day after day and sometimes my protein is low, so I have to do that again too. :flowerforyou:
  • touchafaith
    touchafaith Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm a vegetarian and I eat a lot of quorn products. There naturally low in fat and are supposedly high in protein, I've been eating it for over 10 years as a meat replacement so I can still make chicken casseroles etc. I've also heard a lot of people on here having protein shakes which yi haven't looked into but maybe someone could advise you on that.