mt2lujxc45r6.jpeg

Marinade for Steak:

½ teaspoon ginger minced
4 cloves garlic finely minced
½ cup soy sauce (low sodium is best)
¼ cup water
½ cup packed brown sugar

We grill the steak and then slice it.

Next I just sauté some peppers and steam broccoli.

Top a bowl of your favorite rice with steak, peppers and broccoli (or your fav veggies)

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! So you marinate the steak before grilling...do you save any of the marinade sauce to douse the steak in after slicing and before serving?
  • Mom_Jeans_Club
    Mom_Jeans_Club Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @nossmf Yes! I do double the marinade and sprinkle some over the bowl, depends how healthy I want the bowl to be ;-)
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Tried this recipe the other night, though in place of marinating and grilling I instead sliced thin, quick seared in a skillet, and let sit in the sauce for a few minutes while waiting for the rice and peppers to finish. This way I was better able to control how cooked the meat got, stayed uber-tender, but the flavor wasn't as intense as I'd hoped. I'm thinking the next time I prepare this I'll carve the meat, soak in the sauce overnight, and then toss in a skillet.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Looks yummy!
    When buying beef or pork, I find it helpful to thin slice the meat as soon as I get it home and then marinate overnight, portion and freeze. That way, I can always throw together a tasty lightning fast stir-fry with whatever veg I have on hand.
    My go-to beef/pork marinade is mostly done by eye but always includes:
    Shaoxing rice wine
    finely minced garlic, chili and ginger
    brown sugar
    dash baking soda or meat tenderiser
    soy sauce
    corn starch or taro root
    sesame oil
    white pepper
    Depending on the veg and my mood the sauces vary - or sometimes there is no sauce at all. And if I can afford the calories, served over rice or noodles.