Macros not adding up.

Options
I show that I have 95 calories left of my daily amount.
I hit my proteins perfectly
I have 8 carbs left x 4 = 32 calories
And went over my fat my 1 = -9 calories. Am I looking at this incorrectly but shouldn’t that be only a total of 23 calories that I’m short vs 95?

Answers

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    99.9% of the foods in the database are input by other users like yourself. There are a lot of data errors, and there are labels on products that are also wrong. It's rare that the calories and the macros will all be correct.

Whole foods can be vetted against other databases like the USDA in the U.S....but there are just some things that are too micro to manage.
  • pmpope68
    pmpope68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @tdixon1976, this just happened to me today with foods that I routinely eat. No changes made to the macros of those foods, but the amounts that are showing up are way off on the desktop site, which is where I entered them. I went to the mobile app and the entries are correct. This app has been so buggy for me the last few months, I'm seriously considering not renewing when my subscription is up.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,125 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    99.9% of the foods in the database are input by other users like yourself. There are a lot of data errors, and there are labels on products that are also wrong. It's rare that the calories and the macros will all be correct.

Whole foods can be vetted against other databases like the USDA in the U.S....but there are just some things that are too micro to manage.

Another factor is carbs in for example the US. Fiber is counted as carbs while fiber has 2 or 0 calories generally, depending on the type. (This isn't an issue for European food entries though, for example, since they don't count fiber under carbs)
  • r98rkwcx7z
    r98rkwcx7z Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Similar…so when my carbs say 321g and Fibre 30g my 9cal carbs are actually 291g? Doesn’t seem like a hard tweak as it calculates carbs and fibre…
  • r98rkwcx7z
    Options
    Does it calc (net carbs x 9cal) + (Dietary fibre x 2cal) or does it just do (net carbs x 9) + (Dietary fibre x 0)? I am really just curious as the fibre carbs has been a little interesting learning…
  • r98rkwcx7z
    Options
    4cal not 9cal per gram 😊