Do you intentionally not record certain meals in your nutrition diaries? Why?

Options
124»

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,811 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    If I'm out for the whole day I can take a picture of whatever I eat and log it later.

OMG. That’s brilliant!

That’s why I love this site. Stupidly simple solutions I’d just never think of my own self.

Eliminates the eye rolls like I got yesterday eating lunch with a friend.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    If I'm out for the whole day I can take a picture of whatever I eat and log it later.

OMG. That’s brilliant!

That’s why I love this site. Stupidly simple solutions I’d just never think of my own self.

Eliminates the eye rolls like I got yesterday eating lunch with a friend.

Yeah, people think I'm gonna post it to Instagram or something. :lol: I don't even have Instagram. "I want to remember the moment!!" Then they think this lunch out with them is Special. (speaking of eye rolls)

That seems more socially acceptable than tracking food.

We're pretty screwed up!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,811 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not screwed up. Down maybe? My screws were loose when I was eating like I used to eat.

And like I ate yesterday. But the French bakery is under new ownership and had molasses cookies the size of saucers. I couldn’t not get a couple. They’re logged. 😬
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Preservation of your mental/emotional well-being while trying to lose weight is important. Ideally you'd be as accurate as possible (within reason) while trying to be in a calorie deficit. But .... we all have parties to go to, dates out, special events or special things happening every once in a while that are heavily focused around food. If I was gonna go to a Christmas dinner for example...I'd simply not log it. I know I'm going to go over my calorie goal for the day...and for many people --- seeing that number go red on MFP is triggering or discouraging. Why do it to yourself?

Special events are special events....I am not a fan of depriving myself, maybe that means I put back on a few lbs. I get back to normal for most days and it's fine.