Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Rename Tech Support!

Options
The MFP Tech Support board attracts a lot of comments from users (particularly new ones) thinking they are talking to the techies behind MFP. (See recent post from someone asking to unsubscribe.) how about renaming it as a user forum / user support? I know it lists the guidelines but obviously they’re not read much!
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,185 MFP Staff
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I'm open to new name suggestions!

That being said, there is not only a very visible guideline at the top of that category, but an additional warning message (in a big red box!) when you try to make a new Discussion that clarifies it is not monitored by our support team that includes a contact link. To a certain degree, people are just going to post what they want.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    durden wrote: »
    I'm open to new name suggestions!

That being said, there is not only a very visible guideline at the top of that category, but an additional warning message (in a big red box!) when you try to make a new Discussion that clarifies it is not monitored by our support team that includes a contact link. To a certain degree, people are just going to post what they want.

Yeah I totally get that, I just wonder how many ONLY read the title and nothing else? It’s the same in the main forums - people don’t search for a thread with similar questions, they just post a new (often identical) question.

Something like “expert user support” might be more in keeping with other forums?