Please give me an advice about my schedule

I am 5 foot 5 inches with 155 pounds girl and i am 22 years old.

It has been exactly a week that i started my new way to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time as best as i can.

I am currently eatin 1200 cal/day, doin 3~4 times of short (usually around 30 min) weight training. Not full body training, but trainning 2~3 parts of body for each of the four days.

And only on the seventh day, which is Sunday, i am planning to have 3000 cal in total and i did today.

By the way, MFP suggest me to eat 1200 cal to lose 2 pounds in a week.

Am i doing okay?

Replies

• FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    One week is too soon to tell. If you lose, then it's working. If you don't lose for a couple of weeks in a row, it's time to change what you're doing. Increase exercise, and/or don't eat back as many calories, or in some cases eat back more.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    becuz on sun ur eating 3000 cals that makes ur avg daily cal intake 1450. u may only lose one pound a week becuz of sunday. good luck
  • JanAlyssa825
    JanAlyssa825 Posts: 43 Member
    I would suggest that you eat back the calories that you exercise and eliminate the "cheat" day. Work in the foods you want in smaller portions during the week, and since you can eat a little bit more when you work out, you won't feel like you are starving or totally depriving yourself. For me, at least, I need to fuel my workouts. 1200 calories wouldn't cut it on days I work out.
  • stinkypoopy
    stinkypoopy Posts: 24 Member
    No, not doing OK. No one can comment on progress over one week but I can try and tell you now that your plan sucks from the beginning.

You say you are trying to lose fat and gain muscle (your goal).

Yet you are appear to not be doing proper strength training to stimulate muscle growth. Sorry, 1.5-2 hours a week spread over 3-4 workouts does not cut it, especially when you take into account proper wamup and warmdown. In addition it looks like you want to lose 2 lbs per week. For a woman of your weight this is already very strict and again not conducive to losing fat and gaining muscle.

Either change your goals or be realistic about how you go about achieving those goals.
  • No, not doing OK. No one can comment on progress over one week but I can try and tell you now that your plan sucks from the beginning.

You say you are trying to lose fat and gain muscle (your goal).

Yet you are appear to not be doing proper strength training to stimulate muscle growth. Sorry, 1.5-2 hours a week spread over 3-4 workouts does not cut it, especially when you take into account proper wamup and warmdown. In addition it looks like you want to lose 2 lbs per week. For a woman of your weight this is already very strict and again not conducive to losing fat and gaining muscle.

Either change your goals or be realistic about how you go about achieving those goals.

So you mean i should increase exercise? and then what about calories?
  • stinkypoopy
    stinkypoopy Posts: 24 Member
    -Increase training and intensity of training
    -Increase Calories
    -Get macros right
    -Decrease weight loss rate expectations
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    You can't realistically expect to lose 2 lbs a week with only 20-25 lbs to lose (not sure what you goal is). By eating 3000 calories once a week though you'll probably get closer to losing 1lb a week either way.

2 hours a week is plenty IMO for strength/weight training. I work every muscle twice a week, can't really do more because I'm often too sore after one day, and it's about 2 hours total. I'll have my bodyfat measured in 2 weeks but I'm quite sure I haven't lost much muscle at all, even though I've lost 15 lbs since the last time.

Also you will not gain muscle though while eating at a deficit, you can just hope not to lose any.