Closing out diary

rpersaud94
rpersaud94 Posts: 1 Member
Hi all!

Happy New Year!

I have a question and hoping someone could help. Some days I’m unable to close out my diary because I don’t eat atleast 1000 calories, this is because I am not hungry to consume more carbs that what I have for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Any ideas on how to close out my diary and make it accurate as possible?

Replies

• KimberlinaB
    KimberlinaB Posts: 4,016 Member
    Have a high protein snack? Jerky? Yogurt? Doesn't have to include carbs as you mentioned.

I have this problem from time to time, too. Sometimes I'm busy and forget to eat.
    I guess you can eat more to put yourself over the limit, but you also can just not generate a post for your journal that day either... that is also a valid option.
    If you're not hungry you don't have to eat MORE just because MFP says so.

• HimeYin
    HimeYin Posts: 5 Member
    Can't say much. I don't have this issue. I eat all the calories given to me. But wow yours is only 1k calories or is that just what you have left? Cause if it's all you get to eat in one day, that's not alot of food.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    rpersaud94 wrote: »
    Hi all!

Happy New Year!

I have a question and hoping someone could help. Some days I’m unable to close out my diary because I don’t eat atleast 1000 calories, this is because I am not hungry to consume more carbs that what I have for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Any ideas on how to close out my diary and make it accurate as possible?

It won't let you close out under 1,000 calories because it's an unhealthy calorie intake and considered VLCD which should be monitored under medical supervision. There's no way you got to the point of needing to lose weight by not being able to eat more than 1,000 calories...it's practically nothing.
  • Add quick add calories to up it and then close - you know you don't eat the quick add.

You should probably be eating more tho