This is the year to get in shape

Options
I'm 78, a retired RN who has let herself slowly gain a lot of weight. I found that I had paid the premium price for myfitnesspal 10/22 and so I decided to make use of it and see what I could do before 10/23. I've never liked logging in my food but I'm doing it and so far I've lost 10 lbs which is amazing. I have no idea how much I can realistically lose but I'll keep going and see what happens. I've given up sugar in any form (no desserts, cookies etc.) and it was fairly easy. I'm doing intermittent fasting (eating between 10:30am and 6:30pm) which in itself didn't help me lose any weight but combined with logging in my food and trying to stay under 1500 cal I'm now seeing changes in the scale. I'd sure love to be slim and trim when I turn 80.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

It sounds like you've got some strategies to work towards your goal. Even if you don't meet your expectations when your premium subscription ends, stick to it! The free section still has many very powerful tools. I bet if you are consistent and make it a habit, logging calories won't be much of a big deal. Tell me if I'm wrong in three months or so!