low cal snack ideas!

Options
Looking for low cal snack ideas, or baking ideas!
My go to's are usually popcorn, fruits/veg, crackers/hummus but I'm looking to make things interesting!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,010 Member
    Options
    This isn't very interesting, but I like protein bars or 4 oz each cottage cheese and canned fruit. :lol:
  • sbelletti
    sbelletti Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    String cheese
    Granola bars
    Apples (with or w/o peanut butter)
    Almonds
    Frozen grapes (OMG!)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,912 Member
    Options
    Pickles (not just cucumbers, any type). Sauerkraut.

If hummus/crackers seems low calorie to you, consider crispy chickpeas, broad beans, or lentils (commercial ones come in flavors, or make your own). Squash/pumpkin seeds with hulls (I make my own with chili powder and fine salt, eat hulls and all). Lupini beans (I buy a kind in jars that's cooked, ready to eat).

If you eat dairy, any reasonably calorie-efficient cheese. Some taste meh, but I do like Babybel light and Jarlsberg Lite among others. Goat cheeses (such as chevre) tend to be lower calorie per ounce than cow cheeses, IME. Cottage cheese, for sure, and it can be topped with various things (flavored balsamic vinegar, pomegranate molasses, etc.) or mixed with veggies (cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes . . . .).

Frozen berries (still partly or mostly frozen) with plain nonfat Greek yogurt and peanut butter powder. (I especially like it with chocolate peanut butter powder.) Even some brands of commercial flavored Greek yogurt, skyr or the like are pretty calorie efficient.

Small individually-wrapped dark chocolates. (There's a brand, Bouchard, that's small pieces for 28 calories each. Dove Promises are around 45. Lindt Lindor Truffles are around 77.)
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,741 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    -Baked small sweet potato or potato
    -Plate raw veggies
    -rice cake with a bit of pb, powdered pb, avocado or hummus
    - Protein Shake
    - Garden salad
    - piece of fruit, warmed apple with cinnamon
    - Nuts, seeds