New here! Looking for diary friends

Options
Well I've been here before but new account; new beginning; new friends

2020 saw me finally get my gallbladder removed and I thought that would be the answer to losing weight. Instead it led to a stint of depression and anti depressants. Finally off them and ready to battle the weight once and for all.

Ever since I can remember I've been on slimming world or weightwatchers and at the age of 42 I've realised I don't have a clue about healthy eating and meals. I've struggled with my weight the last year especially and gained even more so need to do something about it.

So, if you're in the UK and share your diary everyday then please send a friend request. Even better if you've got hints and tips to help and can help guide me round macros etc.

Thanks and Good Luck everyone! We can do this 💪

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,614 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

Earlier today, @mitch239 posted that they had just joined and are looking for folks from the UK to connect with. Maybe you are the person? Could be good for you both.
  • FitFor43_2023
    FitFor43_2023 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I've sent a friend request
  • coffeeNsunshine
    coffeeNsunshine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m not in the UK, but what you wrote absolutely resonates with me (minus the gallbladder). I can’t remember the last time I’ve been like this 🥴 I rocked MFP back in 2013-2016 … then dwindled down the usage. That wasn’t smart. But looking for friends too!
  • FitFor43_2023
    FitFor43_2023 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    2023 wasn't great but ended it lighter and more importantly Drs have finally listened to me and investigations are underway to get to the bottom of my stomach/bloating issues. I'm hopeful that 2024 is going to be THE YEAR I reach my goal! Only it's fit for 44 🤦🏻‍♀️now! Better late than never though eh?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,614 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you made some progress and are outlining how to approach the next year. Use what you learned in 2023 to make it better!