Healthy Recipes for picky eaters

Options
emmy961407
emmy961407 Posts: 1 Member
I struggle with eating healthy as a picky eater. I am not a big fan of most fruits and vegetables so it’s hard for me to find healthy recipes. I do enjoy corn, most beans, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, I’m starting to like cauliflower, and come potatoes. I do also like salads.

Replies

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Maybe instead of recipes, just look at components. Chicken, broccoli and a starch make a complete meal. Cook and season them however you like (or if not like, however you're willing to eat them) and put them together on a plate. Much easier from a time and effort perspective as well as getting around food preferences.
  • mikayla6586
    mikayla6586 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

One recipe that you may enjoy is a roasted mushroom and vegetable quinoa bowl.

Ingredients:

1 cup quinoa
    2 cups vegetable broth
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    1 cup chopped broccoli
    1 cup chopped cauliflower
    1/2 cup corn kernels
    1/2 cup diced onions
    1 can of drained and rinsed black beans
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    Olive oil
    Instructions:

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
    Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and then combine it with the vegetable broth in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 18-20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
    In a separate bowl, mix the mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, corn, and onions. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
    Spread the vegetables out on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
    Once the quinoa is done, fluff it with a fork and then stir in the black beans.
    To assemble the bowls, divide the quinoa and bean mixture among the bowls. Then top each bowl with the roasted vegetables. You can also add some salad greens to the bowl for added crunch.
    You can adjust the recipe to your liking and add more beans, vegetables, or spices as per your taste.
  • dawnP1963
    dawnP1963 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    My favorite for leftover chicken. You take a whole wheat wrap (110 calories), small amount taco or pepper jack cheese, cooked onions, peppers and mushroom (use what you like). You are making a quesadilla. In a cold large fry pan lightly spray one side of wrap and place sprayed side down on half top with cheese, cooked veggies and chicken (any protein). Cook on medium to medium low until cheese is melted and bottom of wrap is lightly brown. Remove from heat fold in half and cut into fourths. I top with salsa and jalapenos and plain Greek yogurt (replaces sour cream). Honestly i use leftovers to make these you just use what you like. A satisfied belly is a happy belly.