So everyday I walk laps around the parking structure across from my work building

glassyo
glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
Today, the head of security was taking pictures of me and stopped me and told me to leave. I wouldn't because I've been doing this like 3 times a day everyday and the parking guy knows me and never said anything.

He physically stopped me (by standing in my way) from moving, said I was trespassing, that I was on 5 different cameras, showed me where the exit was (there's like 3 different exits but he didn't acknowledge the others when I said I wasn't going out that way, called the police (because I fought him on leaving but he was put on hold). I finally did leave because I had to get back to the office but I....AM....PISSED.

What can I do? Can I do anything?

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Is it private or public property?
  • glassyo
    It's public. It's the parking structure of an office building.

I just looked up trespassing laws and I don't think there are any no trespassing signs. I'm TRYING to find a phone number of the main office but no luck so far.
  • glassyo
    Ooooo I found the phone number of someone to call because I thought he could give me the number of a corporate office. I told him my story and this wasn't the only complaint. Two more along with mine.

He's going to report it and told me to give it about a week so things can happen (tell the security guard to take the stick out of his *kitten* (my words)) but the mailbox and fed ex boxes are there.

I told my boss (not the doing laps part...said I was walking through the building) and said "*kitten* him". Of course he would :)
  • TwitchyMagee
    glassyo wrote: »
    Ooooo I found the phone number of someone to call because I thought he could give me the number of a corporate office. I told him my story and this wasn't the only complaint. Two more along with mine.

He's going to report it and told me to give it about a week so things can happen (tell the security guard to take the stick out of his *kitten* (my words)) but the mailbox and fed ex boxes are there.

I told my boss (not the doing laps part...said I was walking through the building) and said "*kitten* him". Of course he would :)

Oh good because I was going to suggest a phone call.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I dunno.... I would take a reasonable and rational approach... Like, find out where he lives and egg his house.

• glassyo

Oh good because I was going to suggest a phone call.

Because we...are...the...same.

(Except for the hiking and the eggplant. Cuz ew.)
  • TwitchyMagee
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I dunno.... I would take a reasonable and rational approach... Like, find out where he lives and egg his house.

You’re better than me because I was picturing flaming bags of dog poop
  • glassyo

LOL I did laps on top of my own office building and there were a couple kids skateboarding. Don't think I didn't fantasize about offering them $20 each to go harass the guy. But they'd probably get in trouble and their parents would be pissed :)
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member

Too expensive.. 😂
  • glassyo
    Soooooooooo more context now that I talked to people who know how to use their words.

A homeless person broke into a car in the parking structure a couple weeks ago and, while it wasn't a problem before, the complaints about the new guy brought attention to the problem so now no one can walk around (and the parking guys, who are the ones I talked to, highly suggest not walking around the building at all like I also did...basically no wandering around the property) per the property manager.

The parking guys completely vouched for me but no go.

So, apparently, the brain trust (I'm still pissed :)) assumed I was homeless and was pointing me towards the exit that all the homeless people live near. It really is bad on that street, actually. I was unfamiliar with that exit so took a look the other day and I was right not to go out it. I have bad balance and it was an accident waiting to happen considering I was still mega pissed and distracted.

This guy did not use ONE of the words the parking attendants used to explain any of this to me.

They don't think he's long for the job.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Soooooooooo more context now that I talked to people who know how to use their words.

A homeless person broke into a car in the parking structure a couple weeks ago and, while it wasn't a problem before, the complaints about the new guy brought attention to the problem so now no one can walk around (and the parking guys, who are the ones I talked to, highly suggest not walking around the building at all like I also did...basically no wandering around the property) per the property manager.

So, apparently, the brain trust (I'm still pissed :)) assumed I was homeless and was pointing me towards the exit that all the homeless people live near. It really is bad on that street, actually. I was unfamiliar with that exit so took a look the other day and I was right not to go out it. I have bad balance and it was an accident waiting to happen considering I was still mega pissed and distracted.

This guy did not use ONE of the words the parking attendants used to explain any of this to me.

What were you wearing?

• glassyo

What were you wearing?

*kitten* you for making me laugh out loud :p
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited January 2023

What were you wearing?

*kitten* you for making me laugh out loud :p

I win the Internet today!