Vibration Plate

Options
Do anyone have a vibration plate? If so do you any results? I wanted to get one for the days I am not in the gym.

Replies

• BJ8620
    BJ8620 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use one. I do cardio, squats, side to side weight shifts and calf lifts on mine. I have some physical ailments and it makes my feet and legs feel better, also.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    While it may help with with some strength in compound lifts (squats, deadlifts), the ones they make for home are pretty much a gimmick sales. The vibration plates used in study for the compound lifts were full platforms, while the ones they sell for home use are only the size of a large bathroom scale.
    You're better off just learning home workouts or just getting a suspension system like TRX which is more cost effective.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    I bought my wife one, not so much for the exercise, but I do think that they help with inflammation. The year I bought it, my stepson and my son made fun of it, then they got it for 10 minutes. They were kind of surprised that it worked muscles at all (and my son is really into fitness). Doesn't burn much, I'd guess 250 to 300 calories an hour, but I do like them for inflammation.