I hate lunch!

Options
Hi. I hate lunch. I always have. Everyday I just stare in the fridge and usually end up with a bowl of cereal. I can tolerate salads but not very much and I'm not much of a smoothie person. Other issue is I have a gluten sensitivity so I try to stay away from any bread, hence my issue. Any ideas?

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    The majority of my lunches are Progresso Light or Campbell's Light soups. Wide variety and low in calories. Plus they taste great.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried morning star? It's "fake" meat made from tofu. They make burgers, taco meat, sausage, etc. It actually tastes really good. Nothing like diet food!
  • worldtravelgirl98
    Options
    I eat fruit and vegetables a lot at lunch. I will eat things like avocado for fat and yogurt and peanut butter for protein. I sometimes put peanut butter and honey on a rice cake. Also, I am a big cheese fan, so I sometimes will eat a slice of cheese by itself. Hope this helps!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    What about leftovers? Make a little bit more dinner and bring it tomorrow! I actually usually have my biggest meals at breakfast and lunch (rather than dinner) ... but I do *LOVE* a peanut butter and jelly ...

It also might help if you check Cooking Light, etc. to determine a great, yummy meal. Maybe?

Good luck!!
  • TubOlard
    TubOlard Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried morning star? It's "fake" meat made from tofu. They make burgers, taco meat, sausage, etc. It actually tastes really good. Nothing like diet food!

Uhh...Ewww! I think I'll pass. Had a bad experience with tofu. When you bite into it thinking it's a piece of chicken and ending up with the slimy consistency of tofu, it's not a remember-able experience.
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I like eating an arnold thin (bread though, so idk) with a laughing cow cheese wedge and 1/4 of an avocado.. im actually eating it right now. its my favorite. :-)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options

Uhh...Ewww! I think I'll pass. Had a bad experience with tofu. When you bite into it thinking it's a piece of chicken and ending up with the slimy consistency of tofu, it's not a remember-able experience.

there are all kinds of tofu. i make it at home, but always get the extra firm and let it drain for an afternoon. then it makes srsly awesome ginger garlic "chicken".

you probably had soft tofu, which agreed, is disgusting.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    gluten sensitive? you'll probably just have to have things like carrots, celery & hummus (YUM), w/feta cheese & olives. maybe a falafel, some crisp lettuces...

there's more to lettuce than just salad. you can wrap stuff in it like a sandwich.

does rice have gluten?

what about gluten free noodles with chicken and peanut sauce? cold thai noodles. omg.. i'm getting hungry just thinking about it.