Senior looking for tips

Options
Well now that I am in the class is senior citizens or mature women .

Body changes..hormones..hair loss..etc etc! Let's not forget gravity challenges!

Anyone have tips on stay in on coarse to healthy life-style. The moments you feel like quitting just eat what you want!

How do you stay on coarse? Do you read motivational weight loss stories ?

Just tips would be most welcomed !

Thank you in advance for your responses !

Replies

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Well, at 70 I've had plenty of senior practicing, lol. All I can tell you is to stay as active as possible, be cognizant of your diet, limit alcohol and accept the changes that aging brings. The older, the more challenging it becomes to not slip into a rut of the "ahh F it" attitude however that's when you really need to step up your game.

Work on flexibility as that is the area that will keep you moving well.
  • Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I’m 51. My approach this time has been different than in the past. While I want to lose a little weight, I’m also focused on overall health and nutrition in order to improve my quality of life as I age. In fact, I first decided to lose 20 pounds because my hips hurt all the time and my son told me I was walking like Grandma (my mom). I knew extra weight wasn’t helping.

What’s great is that now I have more time to focus on it. Nutrition especially; I’ve become quite the analyst and keep trying to improve! I love to cook, so I’ve had a lot of fun looking for and preparing meals. I have time to walk to do errands or to meet a friend for a hike in the woods. I suppose it’s the first time in my life where I’ve had the luxury of being completely self-centered, and once I started rolling, the benefits were apparent.

Yes to reading weight loss success stories, watching YouTube videos on all things that apply to looking and feeling good at my age, whether it’s weight loss, fashion, skin care, hair care, hormones, stress reduction, improving relationships, better sleep, all of it. Even things like decluttering, living with less, and organizing contribute to a sense of contentment. I feel goooooooooood, and I want more of it. And I love having energy for my grandbabies! That’s probably the best motivator.

Enjoy!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,691 Member
    Options
    I enjoy being active. Exercise helps me feel better both physically and mentally. I also have a dog who loves his walks. We go out a couple of times a day for 20-60 minutes. When I was in my mid-50s I began running. Ten years later, I still enjoy it. So my main tip is to find something you enjoy doing that lets you move and get stronger.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I know about getting older and suffering hair loss. Not sure if my weight loss was a cause or merely coincidental, but my hair seemed to fall off along with the extra fat to the point of becoming very noticeable. Knowing that most all of the world's famous beauties - young and old alike - rely on a little or a LOT of artificial help, I wasted no time getting a good integrated topper hair piece. So if thinning hair is an issue embrace your inner celeb. Life changer! Now people not only compliment me on my weight loss, but my great new haircut. 😉