Craving bad foods

Options
I have been on this weight loss journey for over a month now, and since this weekend I have been craving such bad foods. I give in and its like I don't care anymore. I was doing so good, not craving anything sweat or anything bad. I was good eating healthy. I also haven't been working out either. I don't know what my problem is. I am trying to stay strong this week, but I wish I knew why all of a sudden I am being like this!!

Replies

• Bexxxi
    Bexxxi Posts: 3
    Options
    I heard on my radio station this morning that after about 20 days woman start to lose their ambition greatly when it comes to exercise and diet!!
    You just have to push yourself and stay motivated when times get tough - reward yourself or have your husband or kids help you out!
  • Bexxxi
    Bexxxi Posts: 3
    Options
    I heard on my radio station this morning that after about 20 days woman start to lose their ambition greatly when it comes to exercise and diet!!
    You just have to push yourself and stay motivated when times get tough - reward yourself or have your husband or kids help you out!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Mood and hormone fluctuations in our bodies often throw us off course. Just stay strong and know you have a HUGE support system! Reward yourself weekly with one of those "bad" foods you've been craving.
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It takes 21 days to form a habit either good or bad. Maybe your bored with your routine. Try something new to shake it up so you not get bored. Try going to Hulu and look up fit tv. They have shows you can watch and workout with for variety. Stick with it, when you see the results you will feel great about continue on your journey to healthier lifestyle. I workout out for 6 months then month 7 hit and I had no motivation, I'm back at it again and going strong. Just stick to it and the motivation will return.

Good Luck.
  • vegetariangirltil127
    Options
    This is my mentality and I hope it can work for you- It may sound backwards, but when you're craving "bad foods", it's not ALWAYS a bad thing to give in. The key is not to overindulge. When we don't eat our favorite junk foods and such, we are strengthening our will power. But think of it this way, if we know we're going to have these foods every once in a while, why not control it more? Every once in a while, give in to those junk food cravings, but in small amounts. It's better to pack a few mini-Reese's cups with lunch than to crave it to the point of buying and eating half a bag of them, no? Treat yourself on occasion, and you don't need to battle with your cravings all the time. I hope this helps.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    It is easy after awhile to want to give up or go back to our old ways of eating. Try thinking about why you want to be thinner, and how much better you already feel. Try to hang in there and push through. If you push through it it will pass and you will get back on track.
  • Natalie7227
    Options
    You almost have to give in otherwise you will indulge for a longer period of time, if you give yourself a treat meal once a week you
    may not have those cravings anymore because you don't feel as good when you do eat the junk food as you do when you are eating healthy. So yes, give in at least once a week and that will help you stick to your weekly journey. I'm on Day #31 and totally understand what you are going through. I have lost 8lbs in 30 days and have chosen health from this point on. You may need to give yourself some positive feedback as well, It's all in the brain mostly. YOU ARE WORTH IT! You can do it and you have been doing it, when you get yourself through the tough times than the easy times are a breeze. Work through it.
  • Rmeikel
    Rmeikel Posts: 35
    Options
    I go back and forth with this. When I am bad, it let's me feel like it's okay to slip, and I tend to give up. I do better if I am a purest and continue doing well. The trick for me is to plan in whatever I feel I can't have. I will check out my calories for the day, and if I don't have enough, I either work out until I do, or I wait for another day when I have planned better. One ice cream sundae isn't going to kill me if I plan ahead. If I binge, I feel like I have let myself down. (and then I have a tendency to give up)
  • jue1
    jue1 Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi there, i know how you feel hun. its hard work but you've been doing really well to keep going.
    Now i know lots of people are going to be shaking there heads and tutting but, if i get sweet tooth cravings i sip on a can of diet coke, it really does work...it might be psychological because i know its not good for me, but the odd one is ok and it takes the cravings away and its calorie free!!
    let me know how you get on.
    julie x
  • JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You know what I had the same weekend. I have been fine this whole time and all of a sudden like 8pm I start to get really hungry for food and snacks and such. I have been eating within the calories just not such great choices. We will both conquire this problem lol
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I've been on this weight loss roller coaster for almost 3 years now. I hit a plateau and give up. Find a new determination, and start over. and it's a vicious cycle. But I keep starting over, hoping this is the time when I find my resolve, and realize that I have the power and I am in control. It's not the giving up, it's the starting again that matters.
  • fiona90
    fiona90 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have included BAD FOODS in my diet. I have brought myself the cook yourself thin cook book. This book shows how to use foods low in calorie content but just as tasty as food full of fat. My biggest downfall is chocolate and toffee. Dulce de leche is a brillant alternative. I can make banoffee pie ots which are 286 calories a serving. I can not recommend these books enough.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I think we all have those days where we crave bad foods. The only solution is to have them in moderation. I craved a 3muskateers bar last week so I indulged in a tiny bit of it and saved the rest for later! Yes of course it was temping sitting by me at my desk but I resisted it for a few days until I finished it off :smile:
    Don't stress over it, just don't go overboard either and you will be fine!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i am with everyone about moderation and/or find low cal options to decrease the cravings :) in the long run a treat every-once-in-a-while will not hurt your efforts as much as giving up on the whole shebang because you feel guilty about giving in to a craving...i know that personally if i don't let myself enjoy from time to time i will fall off the wagon by eating myself out of house and home trying to tame my cravings without giving in...most of the time i'd be better off eating a smaller portion of my favorite treat :)
  • pickledlilly
    pickledlilly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you are going to indulge then buy food that comes in small packages. There is a physcological thing that happens when, for example, you buy a family bar of chocolate. It is very difficult to take say 4 pieces and put the rest away until later but if you buy one small one it is easier not to open another. Don't buy a tub of icecream, buy a tropical solero with 90 calories in, it does last a good while. Or butterkist popcorn light, suck the coating off and it takes a long time to get down a small packet. I think that when we just shovel things in its in our genes because we think we are starving and need to stock up. Its all in the mind and if we were in control we wouldn't be on this site. Good luck.