1200 calories/day

Options
leylani45429
leylani45429 Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
I am doing a 16:8 IF. The problem is, I am struggling to meet the 1200 calories per day during the eating window. I am aware that if I don’t meet the day requirements I will have a long time affect on my health. I can’t seem to eat that much within the 8 hours window. Please give me some tips and advice. 🥺

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    TRF isn't some magic bullet for weight loss but a lifestyle that over time may improve certain heath markers, potentially extending a persons lifespan, nothing more.

:lol::love: But, err, if it was GUARANTEED to do all that, irrespective of a caloric deficit, it WOULD be a Magic Bullet. Period. Full stop! :lol::love:

CRON also presents similarly intriguing possibilities and champion mice; but doesn't seem to be as much of a rage these days!

I don't know if I am a Peter Attia fan--I rather STRONGLY suspect I'm not :kissing_heart:--but he is probably correct in his implicit argument that a move away from 'no restriction" (which he equates to SAD), probably involves some combination of dietary restriction, caloric restriction, and/or time restriction.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,886 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    TRF isn't some magic bullet for weight loss but a lifestyle that over time may improve certain heath markers, potentially extending a persons lifespan, nothing more.

:lol::love: But, err, if it was GUARANTEED to do all that, irrespective of a caloric deficit, it WOULD be a Magic Bullet. Period. Full stop! :lol::love:

CRON also presents similarly intriguing possibilities and champion mice; but doesn't seem to be as much of a rage these days!

I don't know if I am a Peter Attia fan--I rather STRONGLY suspect I'm not :kissing_heart:--but he is probably correct in his implicit argument that a move away from 'no restriction" (which he equates to SAD), probably involves some combination of dietary restriction, caloric restriction, and/or time restriction.

:D if there were only some guarantee, right? Yeah I haven't thought about Peter in a while but I use to take a listen to what he had to say years ago and apparently he's morphed his career for the study of longevity and I've watched a "Drive" episode a while back, and I felt the same, kinda bored. For time restricted feeding I follow Dr Satchidananda Panda who's a research scientist with the Salk Institute, pretty fascinating guy.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I don't do IF but in a typical day in a given eight-hour window I usually have two meals, 500-600 calories each. Add a small snack to make up any shortage and you're good to go! If you just don't want to eat breakfast (for example), that's fine. cmriverside has some really good suggestions for getting more calories without much volume. I'd make it up with cheese and nuts, personally. :yum:
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Nuts. Nut Butters. Avocadoes.
    You could be setting yourself up for sickness, fatigue and binge eating if you don't adequately get enough calories and nutrition in. Google high calorie healthy foods and it might help you meet your goals. Good luck.
  • Vette8828
    Vette8828 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I always have bananas, filling and easy to count the calories at 100 calories each.
  • FitGirlNai
    FitGirlNai Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find that 16:8 helps me with my appetite and be in control of hunger and eliminates mindless or emotional snacking. The 1200 calories then add up quickly with adding some wholesome fats. There's 9 calories per gram of fat. So to salads I add 1 or 2 eggs, avocado, and usually a creamy dressing. Make tomato bisque with some heavy cream. Chicken thighs with skin on instead of skinless chicken breast, Greek yogurt with full fat, Stuffed bell peppers with taco seasoned meat sour cream and guac. Frozen raspberries and blueberries with 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream (unsweetened).
  • leylani45429
    leylani45429 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the insights. Will definitely try some of thè recommendations and change the IF duration. <3 😍🥰