Started the app after midnight so my calendar is always a day ahead

I started this app after midnight before bed and now Everything I eat I have to enter in
Tomorrow' and it is really messing up the app's features. I looked around for a fix and the only suggestions I found don't seem to work because I can't copy meals and move them back a day. Am I boned?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Not sure I understand your problem, or how "starting the app after midnight" caused or contributed it.

It sounds like you have always logged your meals "tomorrow," so when you get to tomorrow, the day is always filled out? The easiest solution would probably be to just skip one day of logging and then getting from there logging things "today" instead of "tomorrow."
  • Sorry yea I didn't do a very good job articulating my issue. So when I started using the app it was after midnight but I entered everything I ate that day then went to sleep so my app diary is always a day ahead of reality. I think that skipping a day is likely what I'll do to reset everything as I will only lose the 5 day streak. Or maybe Ill just override yesterday's entire meal plan. I feel like a darn time traveler lol.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,162 Member
    This doesn't make any sense.

If I open the app (iOS), I can go back several days and then tap the three little dots and get a "copy from date" option. Then I pick the date I want to copy that meal from. Easy peasy.

When you go to the app, it should always default to "today." If it's 00:02, today is "tomorrow" if you think of it that way if you go to bed well after midnight. You can manually enter food from 23:47 if you just tap the arrow next to the date and go back to .... "today."

The easiest thing to do, I think, would be to just forget about it. When you go to the app at 09:19, just enter what you are eating then. It shouldn't be a day behind or ahead. Unless you have some weird time setting on your phone.

How many days are you talking about? If it's just a few days, go back to the day before you entered stuff, and do that "copy from date" on the empty day (day before "you started the app"), then move forward one day, delete all the entries one by one (swipe and tap the red delete button), and then repeat step one. Sounds like a pain in the rear to me. I would just double log one day and stop traveling in time. You might meet yourself of date your mother.....
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    The 5 day streak you mentioned is not a logging your food, or completing your diary streak. It’s just logging in. Opening the app or visiting the website will both trigger your streak to continue.

I pre-log a lot of my meals. I’m a creature of habit so literally every morning I’m going to make a vat of coffee, dump a protein shake in it and call it breakfast. I log that, and a few other things the day before, when I’m evaluating what did and did not work for me each day.