15 pounds to lose challenge- Feb. 1, 2023-April 30, 2023

Options

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,189 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE: lose 7-10 pounds by January 31st (13 weeks)
    Highest weight (7/10/2020): 330
    Anniversary weight (7/10/2021): 243 (lost 87 pounds in year one)
    2nd Anniversary weight (7/10/2022): 226 (lost 18 pounds in year two)
    February 1st starting weight: 236.1 (7-day average)
    April 30th goal weight: 220
    ultimate goal weight: 215 (would like to stay in range 210-220)

Jan 31 : 236.1 (Weigh-in day: Tuesday)
    Feb 07 : 236.9 : ↑ 0.8
    Feb 14 : 235.4 : ↓ 1.5 - total gain/loss: ↓ 0.7
    Feb 21 : 236.5 : ↑ 1.1 - total gain/loss: ↑ 0.4
    Feb 28 : 235.0 : ↓ 1.5 - total gain/loss: ↓ 1.1
    Mar 07 : 235.7 : ↑ 0.7 - total gain/loss: ↓ 0.4
    Mar 14 :
    Mar 21 :
    Mar 28 :
    Apr 04 :
    Apr 11 :
    Apr 18 :
    Apr 25 :
    :

Goal weight : 220.0 : desired loss = 16.1 pounds in 13 weeks
    Actual weight : 235.7 : actual loss = 0.4 pounds in 5 weeks
  • charlouiselb
    charlouiselb Posts: 64 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Had a good day yesterday - got back on track with my eating and where I had some food from a local restaurant, I overcalculated just to be sure to stay in my calories. An even better choice would have been to have had food that I knew for certain I could accurately log. Feeling light and full of energy today, which I am attributing to my light dinner. It feels good to not be lethargic.

...though I did relax for far too long on the sofa last night. I watched a few episodes of a good show on tv last night - an old A&E show but it's new to me on HULU - fit to fat to fit -- where the trainer gains significant weight and then takes it off with their client. I found it to be fascinating. For one, the trainers pushed incredibly hard to re-claim their former capabilities - lifting and doing cardio 2-3 hours a day over 4 months to be fit again. It dispelled my notion that it takes 6+ months to impact physique in a noticeable way. They truly lived, breathed and focused solely on the task at hand. A key to this was their mindset; that it is okay to solely prioritize having the physical body you want.

Fitness impacted their energy for life, their social activities (hikes, rock-climbing, etc) and their mental health. Several trainers became negative, argumentative with their partners, sedentary, and ashamed that their outward appearance didn't match their sense of self. It was a good reminder for me that my view of myself is impacted by what I view in the mirror. That adjusting my physique impacts my muscles and endurance, but also my mindset, self-esteem, productivity, connections to family/friends, and excitement for life.

It is great to learn and make these realizations, but even more impactful if I am feeling them, not watching them on a screen.

Had a dr appt today & got the all clear on lifting dumbbells - so feeling excited to start

@RubyRed427 - so sorry to hear about your fall. I also would weigh as normal & after you heal, you can weigh holding your cast and without to get the weight of the cast material. Then subtract that from your previous weights.

@frankwbrown - I am on bouncing up & down with my weight and see you are having similar alternating weigh-ins. Solidarity.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,814 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    2/4 200 lbs
    2/11 198.8 lbs.
    2/17 197.8
    2/19 196.8
    2/26 196.2
    3/4 196.1
    3/12 ??? (broken leg- cannot yet stand on the cast to weigh)

Last week's goals:
    YES- Arm weights- keep my upper body strong with chair exercises
    YES -Log my food everyday - using Noom and listen to all the audios
    Partly- Incorporate daily healing meditation videos/audios
    NO- Eat more veggies! One or two veggies per day
    I painted with watercolors three days in a row- I have not used watercolors before so I am terrible at it, but it gave me some peace while healing.

This week's goals:
    Arm weights
    Log food everyday
    Eat more veggies!! Let's try this again.
    Eat more fruit!

@Rubyred427 Speedy recovery to you my friend!