Hit Me With Your Favorite Overnight Oat Recipes!!!

Options
Etrigan1776
Etrigan1776 Posts: 8 Member
I have been eating overnight oats every morning for 4 weeks now. I love them but I am starting to get a little burnt out on them. I change up the fruit every now and then but I could really use some help in mixing it up a little.
I currently use--- Oats, honey, almond milk, chia seeds, protein powder, peanut butter and some type of fruit. What can I add or change to keep from burning out on them?

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,263 Member
    Options
    • Sunflower seeds
    • Cacao nibs
    • Cashews
    • Hazelnuts
    • Feta
    • Walnuts
    • Chopped egg
    • Bacon
    • Cooked dried beans or lentils
    • Goldfish crackers
    • Popcorn
    • Anything you like!
  • ghrs7zfv54
    ghrs7zfv54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vanilla, cinnamon, walnuts
  • clairrob
    clairrob Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have berry granola, greek yoghurt, milk, strawberry protein powder and frozen summer berries.
  • cevapeboy_bbwhunter69
    Options
    I had one I ate for about 3 years every day and I actually started making them for my college too and he also didn't seem to get sick of them:

I made 10 portions every Sunday in a big bowl and spread them in the containers afterwards so it was not as much work per portion as it seems

For 5 portions

1. You put oats, chia seeds, and a mix of nuts (walnut, almond and hazelnut) in a big bowl
    320g oats
    30g chias
    20g nuts

2. You blend 1L of almond milk with 1.5 bananas and vanilla protein (blend well)depending on the milk you will have to adjust the quantity so you get the desired consistency

3. Mix the liquid into the bowl. But don't mix too much so the chia seeds stay in little lumps and when they soak they make little balls of chia pudding that are always a nice surprise when you find one.

As the week progresses the nuts get softer and more fresh as the soak up some liquid and the banana gets a little stronger. And don't worry if it looks a little brown on top by Friday... It's just the banana ripening.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    If you like chocolate try unsweetened cocoa with some vanilla a spoon of instant espresso coffee powder with your mix of oats honey almond milk and chia Or use yogurt instead of milk and chia. Top with blueberries or bananas or strawberries when eating.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    If you like chocolate try unsweetened cocoa with some vanilla a spoon of instant espresso coffee powder with your mix of oats honey almond milk and chia Or use yogurt instead of milk and chia. Top with blueberries or bananas or strawberries when eating.

I am planning to try Dutch process cocoa soon. For now I'm working through some organic cacao nibs. Today's bowl is oats, Nancy's plain yogurt, cacao nibs, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a chopped small apple. It's sitting while the oats swell from the yogurt, and then it will go into my belly.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Interested in the responses. I’m looking for new flavors as well.
  • NtenisGR
    NtenisGR Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome looks good to me , you can add some being sold, and instead of milk can get fat free Greek yoghurt
  • KarenOregon52
    KarenOregon52 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I do baked oats. :)
  • mtaratoot
    Options

I don't think you mean granola, or do you?
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup milk, 1 TBSP ground flax seed, 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Tasted like apple pie.
  • tdemelo30
    tdemelo30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favourite are blueberry and lemon overnight oats, 2 cups of rolled oats, 2 cups of almond milk, 2 tablespoons greek yogurt, a tsp of vanilla, a tsp of cinnamon, 1 cup of blueberries and zest of 1 lemon. This gives me 4 decent servings
  • scarydrew
    scarydrew Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    50g old fashioned oats, 32g vanilla ice cream protein powder, 2g Ceylon cinnamon, 70g frozen blueberries, 120g Kirkland original soy milk, 85g fage total 0% fat Greek yogurt. I actually look forward to eating this every morning, the protein powder was the game changer, it makes it taste like birthday cake.
  • heatherheartles3
    heatherheartles3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
    3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond
    milk (any milk will work)
    1 tablespoon chia seeds
    1 tablespoon cacao powder
    1/3 cup sliced strawberries
    2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
    1 scoop preferred protein powder

You can also add 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt and 1 tablespoon honey. I've been eating this one for 2 weeks now. I just recently tried it with the yogurt and honey but didn't like it. It helps to add a little bit of almond milk when you open the jar to eat to loosen it up a bit. With the specific ingredients I used it came out to 25 grams of protein and 531 calories. If you add the yogurt and honey then it's 29 grams protein and 683 calories. I'm thinking of trying oats with onion, cheese, eggs, and hot sauce. I'm so used to having a savory breakfast and it's been a struggle to eat this despite it being delicious.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »

When I've made them, they're more like an oatmeal casserole, or a coffee cake maybe. Here's a favorite:
    https://skinnytaste.com/baked-oatmeal-with-blueberries-and/
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    mtaratoot wrote: »

When I've made them, they're more like an oatmeal casserole, or a coffee cake maybe. Here's a favorite:
    https://skinnytaste.com/baked-oatmeal-with-blueberries-and/

That's interesting, and I might try something like it. I'd use water instead of milk because I don't buy any kind of milk. I bet yogurt wouldn't do as good, but that might also be worth a try.

But that website - ugh. So many ads!