Hello.

Options
I'm very new to all of this. The site and the dieting. My story: About 9 months ago I left my moms (at 137 lbs and 5 ft 9 1/2 in) and moved in with my dad. It wasn't my choice. I've only just recently turned 18. Within the first month I gained 10 lbs. Every month after I gained 10 lbs or more until I finally reached 186 lbs. The odd thing is even though I've grown out my clothes I hardly look like I've gained weight. I mean you can tell, but I don't look like I've put on near as much as I have. So when I ask my peers for help to lose weight they just tell me I don't need to. My dad says he's worried about me although he doesn't help me much (not that I expect him to). My brother constantly cracks fat jokes about me until I finally cracked myself. I joined a boxing class a couple months after I got here (when I started to notice the weight gain) and even though it's very intense I haven't lost any weight and it isn't any easier to exercise than it was my first day. I've decided that exercise alone isn't helping. I've got to diet and probably exercise even more. That's why I'm here. Because I can't do it alone and I don't have much support here. One problem I do have using this site though is I'm not able to access the internet very often, so I'm hoping that won't hurt my weight loss chances.

Replies

• mhaas85
    mhaas85 Posts: 2
    Options
    Someone told me that diet is about 80% of weight loss. You can do it!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry your having a rough time. Do you think you've been stress eating? Some people eat when they're stressed. Start tracking your food for a week and you might find that you are eating the wrong foods and/or too much. Also, drink lots of water!

You can do it sweetie!:flowerforyou:
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am so proud of one so young taking their own life in their hands. Exercise isn't easy but it does allow us to EAT more - that's why I do it. You will get support here! Just keep what you ate, and your exercise type plus time on a pad of paper and log in when you can to enter all the information. You should scan some of the message boards - there are lots of tips and tricks I have learned through others. You can do it!
  • HeartHappy
    Options
    Beauty in Blue-- Hi Hang in there! Stress, does put on the pounds! When I was married (not the best of situations) I put on quite a bit of weight. After removing myself from the situation I started paying alot more attention to when and what I was eating. I am definitely an emotional eater!! So take jaki70's advice, start tracking and you'll probably be surprised at what and how much you are eating and you'll be able to start becoming more in tune with yourself and your emotions and you'll find out what is triggering you to eat. Keep us posted on your progress!
  • beauty_in_blue
    Options
    I definitly eat too much. I constantly eat because I'm stressed or bored or just because it looks good. Thanks for the support. I need all I can get.