Family sharing

Can apple family sharing be used with the app?

Best Answer

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 822 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Currently the MyFitnessPal Premium subscription is not eligible for iTunes Family Sharing. More information on this can be found here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203046

At this time, each user will need to purchase their own subscription. If one has already been purchased through Apple, the other(s) will need to be purchased from our main website. To upgrade online, log in at www.myfitnesspal.com, and then click on the Premium tab.

Answers

• msemerson
    msemerson Posts: 2 Member
    Darn, I wanted to use this with my spouse. I won’t purchase two memberships for one family.
  • Yoshi0446
    Yoshi0446 Posts: 1 Member
    Wanted to join my husband on this app but don’t wanna pay for subscription a year. We might have to delete the app before renewing and see if we can find one that we can share.
  • soonerborn77
    soonerborn77 Posts: 1 Member
    $80 is difficult to justify for the whole family. Can’t believe anyone would pay for multiple memberships. There are better options available that allow sharing for similar cost. I’m out.
  • 907cashboy
    907cashboy Posts: 1 Member
    As others have said (although I understand the benefits and value), it's hard to justify $80 per person per year for 3 people in my house. I would've instantly joined for $80/yr for a family.
  • tdawson47mfp
    tdawson47mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Same - nice app, but no way can I justify $160 dollars a year for my wife and I to use this. there are other solutions. including dealing with the limits of the free edition.
  • I agree with all of the above. Would be nice to offer a family member a subscription at 50% off if nothing else.
  • skandij
    skandij Posts: 2 Member
    This is SO disappointing to not be able to share with family! have a teenager who pre-diabetic and I want to help him make better food choices! But did not expect that I couldn’t share this $80 app with him. Please consider a family plan!!