-10 lbs challenge

Options
I'm going to try and lose at least 10 pounds this month. Any tips?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

How much weight do you have to lose all together?
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Heres my suggestions -

Make homemade food rather than eat out.
    Figure out how many calories and other nutrients you should eat, and follow that.
    Do some exercise if you can, but the most weight loss will most likely come from your food.
    Go for 10 pounds but if your body allows you to lose 8, then its still good.
    Look for healthier foods to fuel your body, and lay aside those that fuel your hunger.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

How much weight do you have to lose all together?
    This. Unless you have about 100 pounds to lose, 10 pounds is an incredibly unrealistic goal.
  • nakanisha
    nakanisha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Homemade meals and fruits and veggies are key... The veggies don't add a lot of calories, but they keep you full :smile: Also the sodium levels in packaged foods has been a problem for me...So I've been spending a little more time in my kitchen to lower my sodium intake. The fruits are my tasty low calorie snacks.

I would suggest that you set up your meals on here to have morning snacks and afternoon snacks along with breakfast lunch and dinner. I have found that I eat less when I eat a little bit all day.

This website is GREAT for monitoring how many calories you have eaten, but without knowing how many calories you are burning, you might me fighting a battle that you can't win. I had input the wrong estimates on here and I ended up starving all of the time. Now I have a calorie monitor that works with myfitnesspal and I am back to dropping the pounds.

Your -10lbs caught my attention because I set my goals to 10 lbs at a time. Don't weigh yourself daily...I am trying to do weigh ins on Wednesdays only to prevent getting discouraged, but I occasionally slip and weigh in on a Sunday (like today :ohwell: )
  • CaelynCamille
    Options
    Hoping to lose between 15 and 25 pounds
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hoping to lose between 15 and 25 pounds

Then you shouldn't be aiming for more than 1lb per week.

You want to maintain LBM, so you don't want to have too large a deficit.
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I started my "diet" 6 days ago and have already lost 7 pounds. Obviously most of that is water weight. I also have roughly 100 pounds to lose. So, 10 pounds in a month is very likely. However, if you only have 25 pounds to lose, 10 pounds in a month is not healthy.