Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Desktop App Improvements for Speedy Entry

Options
Hi, I just started using MyFitnessPal for tracking food intake and calories. Thanks for the good work on this app! I very much appreciate it! I have some suggestions for speedier meal entry to the Food Diary:
1. Please add an option to copy an item from any meal (B, L, D) to any other meal on that day ((B, L, D). Presently, there isn't an option. Maybe a Drag & Drop to copy would be best.
2. The Quick Entry to copy from yesterday or another date is nice. Please add the flexibility to copy from any meal on the FROM date to any meal on TODAY's date. Presently, it lets you copy from B to B, L to L, D to D.
3.Each line of the meal could use a simple amount incrementer to increment the amount by an arrow up or decrement the amount by an arrow down
4. Each line of a meal could use a "Copy to" to (B, L, D) for quick and simple copying
5. The Add Food gets you to the next panel to add from Recent. Real nice. It would be even nicer if that list was simply to the right (and not another panel) of the primary panel. It would flow easier. Moving the diary content to the left would make enough room.
6. The Recent list needs to be longer, by 2x, and be more compact for better real estate. It also needs to be a simple Last In on Top serial list of the last items entered on prior diary entries. It presently has a list that doesn't have a clear reason why it is on "Recent". Not much different from the "Frequent" list which could be the most commonly used items from your food diary.
- Thank you. Presently, it takes me too long, like about 1/2 hour to enter a day's worth of Food Diary, and I just can't take that kind of time for a task that should be real quick.

Thank you, Paul
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    No comment on the other items, but on

* part of #6: On the web, you have a sort option (near the upper right) for recent foods. The choices are alphabetical, and default. It looks to me like default puts the most recent things on page 1 at the top, i.e., last entered is first. Is that what you're looking for?
    * #2: If I use "Copy to Date" on the web version of MFP, it first asks me the date to copy to, then it asks me which meal (there's a list). Is that not the case for you?

I think some of your other ideas are good.

On the time issue: I think you'll find that there's a learning curve, and that it will take much less time to enter a meal/day after you learn all the ins and outs. Using the Meals and Recipes features efficiently is part of that. I've been here a long time (almost 8 years, weight loss for about a year, maintenance since). It seemed time-consuming and cumbersome at first, but now it rarely takes me even 10 minutes to log a whole day. For me, that's a small price to pay for staying at a healthy weight, after previous decades of overweight/obesity. YMMV.

Have you tried using the phone/tablet app for MFP yet? If not, and you have a compatible device, you might want to download it and try it. Some people like one or the other better for logging food or doing other functions, because they do work a little differently. The data synchronizes fairly quick IME when everything is working right, which is most of the time. I use both, prefer one or the other for different functions. Again, YMMV.