Blood type B

Options
Siiiiiiccciiie
Siiiiiiccciiie Posts: 3 Member
Hello! I need some new recipes bc im bored eating almonds, applesauee, eggs, and rice....must be for type b foods only - anyone have anything that has worked for them and is good? Im someone who doesnt spend much time in the kitchen...and is often gone from home but i eat at least one meal at home daily

Replies

• ericatoday1
    ericatoday1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I’ve literally never heard of eating for your blood type…. It sounds like extra work that’s not worth the potential benefits that the internet is telling you.
  • Dan__Cote
    Dan__Cote Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's research done by Dr. Peter D'adamo and his father before that. He has chronicled the history and spread of each blood type and the diet/environments that brough on the evolutionary change from the original (O) blood type. Look up the book Eat Right For Your Type. That was his first book. His research and material has evolved over the decades since the release of that book. He has a book on genotypes that is fascinating as well. I tried the O blood type diet about 9 years ago. It wasn't bad. I just wasn't that committed to the idea of never eating bread again lol. Seriously though. Even if you don't follow the diets, the history of blood types is pretty cool.
  • Kiwi2mfp
    Kiwi2mfp Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Please, consider what you're doing. There is no evidence that blood type influences the kind of food you can eat.

Hey, as a 0 I should be eating lots of meat or protein in general, and eat similar to the paleo diet. Furtermore, the O blood type diet should also be paired with vigorous aerobic exercise,

Ok. Protein does not fill me up at all and is a reflux trigger for me. What fills me up are 'modern' grains like wheat, rice and similar things. I lost the weight I wanted to lose on 50-60% carbs. Also the exercising thing is interesting as vigorous aerobic exercise is something my body can't do due to a medical condition. If I run at walking pace I'm anaerobic already. I still lost the weight I wanted to lose, am otherwise healthy, look about 10 years younger at nearly 49 and am super happy and active.

Why not try to just be happy with what you eat, stay in a moderate calorie deficit and enjoy life as well? <3

I'm o- but have a history of kidney issues. High protein and kidney issues usually don't mesh well unless you're on dialysis....I'm not there and probably won't ever be there since I follow a kidney and heart friendly diet now. Eating a blood type diet likely wouldn't have helped me recover the kidney function I have in the last year. Likely it would have made things worse!

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I'm B and do well eating most vegetables, some fruit, lean protein, and some grains, mostly corn and rice. I don't believe in blood type diet. My dad is B neg and was told not to eat chicken, which he loves! He does fine eating chicken, but gave it up because of "blood type diet".
  • Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have B- blood, and I just looked up what I'm not supposed to eat. I'm in trouble! I won't have a problem not eating horses or turtles though. Phew!

I am curious though, and will research more. It doesn't seem that crazy that bodies could respond positively or negatively to certain foods based on what kind of blood is running through their veins.

I will say that I've been able to control my weight just fine eating SO MUCH CHICKEN (and most of the other things I'm not supposed to).