When do you run?

Options
2»

Replies

• wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I vary. In the summer I typically run in the early morning, but throw in a few lunch and evening runs to be best acclimated for hot/humid racing conditions. In the winter I tend to shift to running at lunch during the week and mid-afternoon on the weekends. I pick those times because it's warmest then.

Regardless, I like mornings because the running is done and I know life won't interfere and cause me to miss. I am typically sluggish early in the run - the first mile effort feels the same as the last but is significantly slower when I look at the data. I do not have the same pattern if I run at lunch/evening.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Nope i wont run in the mornings I dont have it in me! Plus I dont wanna listen to my music blasting that early!
    I do it around 7pm and on, awesome energy by then!
  • 13ftw67
    13ftw67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    when something is chasing me. LOL I hate to run. I Ice skate at the hockey rink or mountain bike instead way less joint stress.
  • fabiomuralha
    fabiomuralha Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can! Usually between Mon to Friday in the afternoon after job and at weekends in the mornings. I like to wake up early to run and enjoy the day. Sometimes, depending how was my night before, the only difference between run in the morning and in the afternoon its the heart rate a little bit higher.
  • sleepyotter
    sleepyotter Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm a beginning runner, so I've only had experience running during the summer months. I prefer to run in the (mid) mornings before the heat sets in, but if I work that day, I don't have the motivation to get up before sunrise to get it done. So there are times when I'll try and go in the evenings after work, but it's a lot more tiring, having already put in a full day of effort doing other things. As it starts cooling down and getting darker, I might try and transition to afternoons or evenings. I guess I should think about getting one of those reflector belt things?
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I run in the evenings, I don't have time in the morning :( Plus I like running in the cold, makes me run faster because I want to hurry up and get home where its warm.
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Late in the evening, like 9 or 10 pm. That's when life gives me time to go. I prefer it anyway, because it's more private. I don't like having a bunch of people around me when I run!
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'd like to run in the mornings, but i hate waking up.

My boyfriend likes to run after it's dark out, so we usually go around 9pm ish.