Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I came back

I came back, doctor's orders. My first week of calorie counting and back to the gym. I need to lose weight and eat better because of my diabetes. 1500-calorie a-day diet which is not that easy to maintain. Slow moderate exercise. I have to cut out all food before bedtime. I will be 70 this year. Let's see how I progress.

Replies

• ChristinaaH84
    ChristinaaH84 Posts: 27 Member
    You can do this. Your health is more important. 1500 doesn't seem like much but I'll tell ya. I'm trying to stay under 1200 a day and some days it's a struggle. But other days I don't even notice. Good luck. Message me for support anytime!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,916 Member
    Welcome back!

It can be tough to be on 1500 calories. Since you are also going back to the gym, you'll probably get to eat more than 1500 because exercise adds to your calorie budget. Remember to eat back most or all of your exercise calories if your base of 1500 has a deficit built in.

You can also work to find out what kinds of foods help you feel full and stay felling full while giving you good nutrition. Your diary will be your friend with this work as long as you fill it out faithfully, accurately, and completely.

I'm rooting for you; you can do this. It's not easy, but it is fairly simple and straightforward. Just keep sticking to it!