Calorie goal reset?

Options
Did anyone else’s calorie goal randomly change recently? Unless I’m sleep-MFPing, the app changed my calorie goal from 1200 to 1500 overnight with no changes to my weight loss goals or anything like that.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I've never had that happen.

Go to your Goals (on the web, not an app) and re-check that your weight and goals are correct. Re-save.

..or, alternately: Did you start adding in exercise or link a device like a fitbit or Apple watch? That will change your calories as your activity changes.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    Mine has been doing it’s own thing, too.

I’ve reset it to a flat 2400 calories umpteen times and it keeps going back to the 2010 recommended for my height weight and goals.

It seems to have started after New Years.

I’d bet the 1500 is the recommendation for you and your goals as well.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    Mine has done it twice. The first time was 2 January or maybe 1 January. I noticed on 2 January and went in and reset it manually. I have used the guided setup, but my goal is manually set to a number a little different from what it gives. I'm in maintenance.

It happened again a week or two ago. Once again, I went in and reset it manually.

Both times I sent in a support ticket so they know it's going on. They came back and asked a bunch of questions, both times, and often they didn't apply. Like, "delete the app and reinstall it." Well... this was on the website, not the app. Another was if I had gone through setup again. Nope. One even tried to explain, even the second time it happened that, "If you exercise, your goal changes." Duh. Not my first rodeo, and I always tell people to eat back their exercise calories.

No, this was just some random thing that reset my goal without my permission. I did reset it back, and I now check it more often.

Eventually support sent me a bunch of questions like what version of MFP, what version of OS, and a bunch of other things. Once I submitted that, they "escalated" it to a higher level; someone is looking in to it, but PLEASE SUBMIT A REPORT TICKET SO THEY KNOW IT IS HAPPENING TO MANY PEOPLE.
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I’m glad I’m not the only one at least! I went in and changed it back, and realized it had reset my macros as well, so I had to change those percentages as well. Hopefully it was just a one time glitch!
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Its done it every day this week . really irritating