Supportive friends

I am not new to fitness pal however I have not been consistent for any length of time I want to open myself to a supportive community that will help me to stay focus, I have issues with cooking everyday and snacking especially chips. I do not like to meal prep for a week as I find that restrictive, and boring, I can eat some foods everyday between 3-4 days after that I need to change up also I am a single parent of 2 boys on a budget, a lot of times I become overwhelm because we all have different styles of eating, I am trying to eat low calorie but than someone is complaining because I pull the sugar and other unhealthy ingredients out so it is hard to stay on track. My oldest rarely wants a home cook meal he wants frozen and microwave quick meals. I am learning to eat a little more fresh these days, I hated vegetables and barely ate fruit but I can say the last 3 years I incorporated more fruits and vegetables in my diet, I am not fully there yet but I have came from none to a little. My goals is to learn new recipes that are tasty, season and have the willpower to lose the weight I desire while building muscles, I do have some health concerns that limits me everyday from pursing my fitness journey that is hormonal issues due to perimenopause I am in my late 40's but I look 35 :wink: I pray to overcome it because I am a strong woman, I want to step out of my shadow meet some new friends and get this journey going in the right direction.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,933 Member
    Welcome to the community!

It sounds like you have quite a few challenges. Fortunately, they are all surmountable.

Chips are my kryptonite, too. Finally I have started to be able to have some in the house and not eat the whole bag.... most of the time. A food scale helps. So does the vacuum sealer to close the bag back up. Trouble is, I know how to open it again.

Since you're the parent, you actually DO get to decide what is served for meals. Your kids will find SOMETHING to complain about no matter what, so it might as well be them complaining about you taking good care of their nutrition and serving them healthy meals. If they don't like what's offered, they don't have to eat it. Don't buy the frozen crap, and they won't be able to eat it. Seriously. Give them good food; it will be one of the greatest gifts you give them, but they won't realize it until they are much older.

Finally, as far as support, if you are looking for a group of supportive people to share your struggles, challenges, and victories with, you might be interested in a group that I belong to. This group has been active since 2016. The name of the group is "Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off," and the focus is to STICK TO IT! THIS IS YOUR INVITATION to join us!

The group has a number of ongoing challenges, and we try to have a fun "special" challenge each week. All the challenges are voluntary except goal-setting and a weekly weight check-in. Pick one, pick some or pick none of the others. Start and stop whenever you want.

Click on the link above (or this one), then click the JOIN link and someone will approve you soon. We're run by a group of committed volunteers, so It might take a day, but you will be approved. It's a private group, so anything you post only goes to other group members, not the entire MFP universe. We don't tolerate bad behavior and support all of MFP's guidelines and a few more to keep it friendly and supportive.

See you there?