Different pedometers

Options
Hi all! I typically try to wear my Amazon Halo when I am at work. That brand just never seems to be on list of devices that are supported. Is there a way that I can just manually type in my total steps for the day? I really can't keep my phone physically on me while I'm working.
Tagged:

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,716 Member
    Options
    You can't just enter in steps to MFP and get a calorie estimate. What you could do is check out the fairly large number of "convert steps to calories" estimator on the web, and enter the calorie estimate in a custom exercise.

Be careful, though: MFP assumes some amount of movement and includes it in your base calorie estimate already. Others here have said that sedentary/not very active assumes something up to maybe 3500-5000 steps or equivalent, for example, with higher activity levels assuming more. You don't want to double count.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    You can't just enter in steps to MFP and get a calorie estimate. What you could do is check out the fairly large number of "convert steps to calories" estimator on the web, and enter the calorie estimate in a custom exercise.

Be careful, though: MFP assumes some amount of movement and includes it in your base calorie estimate already. Others here have said that sedentary/not very active assumes something up to maybe 3500-5000 steps or equivalent, for example, with higher activity levels assuming more. You don't want to double count. I'd probably just set my activity level to account for average daily-life steps, and leave it at that, personally.
  • AnnPT77
    Options

Be careful, though: MFP assumes some amount of movement and includes it in your base calorie estimate already. Others here have said that sedentary/not very active assumes something up to maybe 3500-5000 steps or equivalent, for example, with higher activity levels assuming more. You don't want to double count. I'd probably just set my activity level to account for average daily-life steps, and leave it at that, personally.
  • vshertzer
    vshertzer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I believe that's what I currently have it at. I'm not super worried about gaining calories back per day with exercise, more for just tracking. Ty for the insight! I will probably stick with your suggestion and leave it as is!
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    If you just want to track the number, you could put the count in Notes in your diary, or in web MFP you can use Home/Check and the Track Additional Measurements to input a step count each day. (If the phone/tablet app has a Track Additional Measurements option, I don't know where it is.)
  • vshertzer
    vshertzer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Funny you mention that, I actually decided to start doing that last night!