Stuck to daily goals all with week BUT....

Options
there is no weight loss?! I really don't understand because all last week I managed to do exercise everyday and stick to the recommend daily kcals intake of 1200 and yet it seems I haven't lost a lb. I'm thinking it might be because I weighed myself after breakfast (but only a small bowl of fruit and fibre)? But it seems strange cause I feel better and perhaps a tiny bit smaller yet it's not reading that way. However my scales aren't the best! Any thoughts? It's a little discouraging after seemingly doing so well and then not getting the results...

Replies

• BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    There are so many reasons that weight loss doesn't always show up. For one, you appear to be fairly small and from your ticker don't look like you have much to lose, so therefore weight loss is likely to be slower for you. Also, if you've been eating more sodium, drinking less water, eating less fiber, have your period, are about to get your period, or any combination of the above, your weight loss may stall a bit.

The bottom line is if you stick to eating your recommended 1200 and get a little exercise, the weight will come off eventually. If it frustrates/discourages you to the point that you feel like saying "to hell with it," I'd suggest trying to weigh yourself every other week or every month instead. When I was in college (and in shape, so had a hard time losing) I got so obsessed with my weight and my scale and being frustrated over not losing that my friend hijacked my scale and locked it in her room. That really helped me to focus more on being healthy and just letting the process happen (and it did! I still reached my goal weight and did it more happily without the scale in sight all the time).
  • 4myheartnsoul
    Options
    Maybe a few things like you had had breakfast, maybe not had #2 ( I have lost 2 lbs before at one trip) and did you maybe not drink enough water? Just some things to consider. Weigh again in a few days but I would think if you are feeling good it is prob just something small.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    It's possible you aren't eating enough.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/108362-eating-to-fuel-your-body-very-long

Quote from the above link:

"You're trying to lose too much too fast. 2 lbs a week isn't for everyone, most people who are in the overweight category should never attempt more than 1 lb per week. You simply don't have the body fat stores in order to make up the difference. You'll end up making it harder. "
  • ellie_1989
    ellie_1989 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    False alarm guys...sure enough I was a lb lighter this morning haha! I know a lb is neither here or there but still pleased :) Yh you're right I don't actually have much to lose so I'm aware that it'll be slower for me. I'm average weight as it stands but cause I'm only 5ft3 I could do with being a little lighter. Oh well...on with the swimming tomorrow! I really look forward to going :) And thanks.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever told you that you look like Drew Barrymore? (or is it berrymore?)