Euphoria during exercise

Options
Lately when I exercise - cycling especially, I love it - I just get this great feeling of happiness and I can't stop smiling (I'm aware this makes me look like a weirdo, though). At first I got that euphoric feeling about 40 minutes into my exercise, now I get it even faster (20 minutes or so). It's great, strangely enough the moments I'm on my bike have become the "happiest" moments of my day LOL

Does anybody else have the same experience? Is it due to the secretion of "feel-good" hormones in the brain?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Endorphins
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Endorphins
    QFT^ but if you would like to try another natural high give Pranayama(Yogic breathing) a try, specifically Kapalabhati- literally translated "skull shining" I am sure you can Google it, barring any medical conditions am sure it is safe for you to do, it makes me feel something similar to an extreme endorphin high.
  • nerakma
    nerakma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think I get this when I run - can't think of any other explanation as to why I actually enjoy the 'pain' of running up (and down) hills for a couple or few miles :wink:
  • telepathe
    Options
    Endorphins
    QFT^ but if you would like to try another natural high give Pranayama(Yogic breathing) a try, specifically Kapalabhati- literally translated "skull shining" I am sure you can Google it, barring any medical conditions am sure it is safe for you to do, it makes me feel something similar to an extreme endorphin high.

Thank you, I'll check it out :drinker:
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    yep but different from cardio than weights.

cardio- euphoric

weights- feel happy and powerful enough to take on an entire horde of coked up Vikings
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Its addictive and makes me happy too:)