The Zumba Crew w/o 7-26

Options
2»

Replies

• katiejo33
    katiejo33 Posts: 7
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA! I've been going to try and tone the jiggle in my body after having baby # 2. How long does it take to see results? I go to 2-3 classes a week and bust it...still no results.

Also, how much do Zumba instructors make? Does it just depend on the gym?
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I definitely don't wanna get in any kind of copyright trouble so we are just going to use our routines and come up with a new name. Something like "Latin Cardio Workout" Or "Latin Dance Aerobics" or something like that. Any catchy ideas?
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Congrats on taking the workshop and getting licensed to teach Zumba!!! You are so going to love being an instructor!!
    By the way, I have a sister named Athena.
    Venus

Thanks! I don't know many Athina/Athenas except for my family members (old school greeks always name kids after grandparents, so i have two cousins and a grandmother with the same name!)

I am looking forward to teaching! We are actually subbing for our instructor tonight (she's on maternity leave) but I'm looking forward to setting up our own space and teaching our own classes :D
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I definitely don't wanna get in any kind of copyright trouble so we are just going to use our routines and come up with a new name. Something like "Latin Cardio Workout" Or "Latin Dance Aerobics" or something like that. Any catchy ideas?

I think either of those would work. It's only temporary and the people who have been there will know what it is. I'm not sure about the music, but if you can use non official zumba music and still have a full set, i'd do that, at least until you're licensed! My two cents at least :)
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options

I am partial to "Latin Cardio Workout." It sounds more catchy! Or, you could be silly and call is something like Bazuum, which is like Zumba, but not exactly like it. I guess it depends on if you are just needing to rename it, and your core group will continue to come. If you were trying to attract new students, you might want to go with the more straightforward "Latin Cardio Workout."
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Ok, well. Apparently, the original instructor 'un-quit' so she will still be in on the class, and therefore we will still be able to call it Zumba. Now I am just worried about how awkward it is going to be!
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba now 2 to 3 times a week. One of my friends from high school is an instructor and he does classes 3 times a week. It truly is for all fitness levels. In my class we have young girls who are just trying to tone up and then we have people who weigh in at well over 300 lbs. No one judges anyone else and we all just have a ton of fun. Our instructor also has extra cds of the music we workout to each month so we can purchase it. I use it several times a week when we are not in class to target certain areas I know I want to work more on like my legs, abs, and arms.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options