Check out our new in-app Intermittent Fasting Plan

Options
Betty
Betty Posts: 8,817 MFP Staff
In December we launched our Intermittent Fasting feature for Premium users, and today we’ve launched the free in-app plan that will help you kickstart your journey with IF.

For those unfamiliar, Intermittent Fasting is a diet that follows time-restricted eating, and has been on the rise in recent years. At MyFitnessPal we’ve seen an uptick in members who practice intermittent fasting.

We’re passionate about empowering people to reach their health and fitness goals, and we’re always looking for new ways to improve our app to make reaching those goals easier. That’s why we’re introducing our new Intermittent Fasting Tracker.

Whether you’ve been intermittent fasting already, or are simply curious about the eating pattern’s potential health benefits, this new Premium feature allows you to easily fit fasting into your lifestyle.

Let us know what you think of the Plan, and/or the feature itself–and even Intermittent Fasting in general–we’d love to know what you think! And don’t forget to follow along on our social channels and blog for more information and tips!

x3ogzp35s9zc.png

Replies

• dorothyp3
    dorothyp3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How can I incorporate my intermittent fasting without getting the message that I don't seem to be eating enough?
  • Maelogic
    Maelogic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dorothyp3 I was having the same problem but I really wasn’t eating enough maintanace calories I needed to eat minimum 1200 to 1500 calories a day for my basic overall organ health and for healthy weight loss. Try to stick to what ever the minimum safe calorie count it says for your weight and body type if you are going to continue down the caloric deficit route and want your app to track and project your progress. Your body will thank you.
  • xwfwc5rqzz
    xwfwc5rqzz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’ve been using MFP to log fasts for a couple of days, but it doesn’t let me end and start a fast on the same day… it tells me a fast has already been logged for that day. For example, I ended a fast at 4pm and then tried to start a new one at 10pm. Can anyone help?
  • rheado
    rheado Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You need to ask intermittent fasting more user friendly. For example, If one forgets to hit start fasting on Monday night it does not allow you to go in the next day and tell it what time you started on previous day. The roulette time wheel only lets you go back to midnight. Other intermittent have this issue. As well. I’d drinking black coffee should have a way to convert towards water. Ex 30 oz coffee =18 oz water. Again other useful intermittent apps have this feature. If you want people to use don’t make it good. Make it great. Right now I’m using two apps because this one is lacking. Off to a “good” start though
  • soniakircher1
    soniakircher1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I cannot find this in the app where is it I have been fasting 123 days am a premium member would love to thanks Sonia
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,382 Member
    Options
    You have to do it through your phone ... click on more and then intermittent fasting
  • cdrom1028
    cdrom1028 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is this feature coming to the web client!? man I never use the mobile app..
  • soniakircher1
    soniakircher1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So annoying following up I have been premium for months still don’t have the option on this app annoying . I am at day may 123 of if . Would love to use it soon !
  • Betty
    Options
    So annoying following up I have been premium for months still don’t have the option on this app annoying . I am at day may 123 of if . Would love to use it soon !

So sorry to hear you are not seeing the feature. Please contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and the exact problem and our support team will investigate.
  • Sandie2102
    Sandie2102 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ok, am I reading this correctly? The free app now has it? I have clicked More and all I get is a prompt for Premium.
  • Betty
    Options
    Sandie2102 wrote: »
    Ok, am I reading this correctly? The free app now has it? I have clicked More and all I get is a prompt for Premium.

Hi @Sandie2102, the Intermittent Fasting Plan is free. You can access the plan by going to the "Plans" icon in the bottom menu of the app and then Filter by "Free".

Our new Intermittent Fasting Tracker is a Premium feature.
  • carfica2249
    carfica2249 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not seeing I ntermittent Fasting Tracker? Try updating your App to the latest version. It fixed this issue for me.
  • stevie9960
    stevie9960 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can I have 50 cals in am without breaking my fast?
  • ilyo777
    ilyo777 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's a good start, but falls kinda short in several ways, not least that it only supports a very limited range of up to 16h fasts by default, and for many 18:6 or 20:4 are common, and personally I like to do 24h once a week and 36h (dinner through to breakfast 2 days later) every other week and there's no way to log those effectively, so for now it's not really working for nme abd I'kll have to stick with Zero...
  • mchopper1
    mchopper1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I used to do IF and liked it. I ate all my meals between 1 PM and 7PM. Now, I am on meds that upset my stomach if I don't eat upon waking. I also have to increase my salt because I have low BP so my breakfast is popcorn every day. I can't think of anything else that calms my stomach and contains high levels of salt.