Hello I'm returning

Trying to do better.
Have a good Fitbit now
Watching more of what I eat

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,306 Member
    Why not watch all of what you eat?

I’m just curious why you phrased it like that?

What will you do different this time, so that you’re not “back again”, but instead “been here a long time”?

😘
  • crystallynnlu
    crystallynnlu Posts: 10 Member

What will you do different this time, so that you’re not “back again”, but instead “been here a long time”?

😘

I'm in a different situation now.
    Sorry I'm stupid how I worded it
  • springlering62
    edited February 2023

😘

No, you’re not stupid, babe.

I’ve learned, though, that the way I phrase things either reflects how I think, or reinforces what I think.

For me, changing my words has been super helpful in changing my attitude and losing weight.

My mom used to stand in front of a mirror and hit herself, saying awful stuff to herself like “you stupid fat b*tch”. I have caught myself doing similar, sans the self flagellation. Words have meaning, whether we realize it or not. A lot of how we use them, we pick up from others, sadly.

What a great world it would be if we looked in the mirror, smiled at ourselves, and said “damn, you’re awesome!!!!”
  • crystallynnlu
    crystallynnlu Posts: 10 Member

😘

I’ve learned, though, that the way I phrase things either reflects how I think, or reinforces what I think.

For me, changing my words has been super helpful in changing my attitude and losing weight.

My mom used to stand in front of a mirror and hit herself, saying awful stuff to herself like “you stupid fat b*tch”. I have caught myself doing similar, sans the self flagellation. Words have meaning, whether we realize it or not. A lot of how we use them, we pick up from others, sadly.

What a great world it would be if we looked in the mirror, smiled at ourselves, and said “damn, you’re awesome!!!!”

I made it to Day 99.
    Didn't miss a day of logging yet

• springlering62

😘

I made it to Day 99.
    Didn't miss a day of logging yet

That is absolutely AWESOME!!!!! What are you doing differently this time?

Please please please stick with it. I can’t tell you what a difference weight loss made in my life, even starting late as I did.

The only “stupid” thing was waiting as long as I did to do this for myself!

Much success and lots of hugs at ya!!!!