College Football Week 1

Options
WDEvy
WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
First Saturday of CFB is now over. Thoughts on your team?

I'm an Auburn fan so all I have to say about yesterday is that after last season, I'll take a win, even an ugly, ugly one.

Replies

• CubanSammich
    Options
    These Kids looked great, Both my teams won. Ball state and Texas A-M..Currently watching Florida A-M
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Go Irish!! I know that Temple wasn't really a big foe to face in football, but I'm still happy they won!! Next week will be the real test.

6z0hva.jpg
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm glad the Crimson Tide won. That being said, I have a feeling this will be an off year for them (their O-Line is shaky, and I've never been a fan of McCarron, think he's overrated). We'll see, though.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm glad the Crimson Tide won. That being said, I have a feeling this will be an off year for them (their O-Line is shaky, and I've never been a fan of McCarron, think he's overrated). We'll see, though.

I might not be the most partial person when it comes to Bama but the stats were shocking. Think it was because of the whole toe thing or something else?
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

I might not be the most partial person when it comes to Bama but the stats were shocking. Think it was because of the whole toe thing or something else?

I don't know that it's his toe issues so much as he just doesn't make the greatest decisions. He'll see the defense lining up and doesn't always know to call a different play, or he'll get under pressure and throw a bad pass. Our 'revenge' game on the 14th will tell a lot about our offense, since A&M's defense isn't exactly their shining point. If we can't kick their butt offensively during that game, I'm calling a record of 9-3 for the season.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    both my teams rolled yesterday. granted they were the usual sub-par opponents that most bigger schools play for their first game.... but Tennessee 45-0 and Georgia Tech 70-0.... Tech was very impressive in the running game as usual with 368 yards and 9 different players scoring touchdowns... Tennessee played a very clean very smart game. ZERO penalties in the game. im thinking they dressed almost 100 players and most everyone got time on the field. even with a full line up of freshmen, they held Austin Peay scoreless.
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My team got beat and it's going to be a long year I'm afraid. But still gonna fight fight fight for Iowa.
  • running_tall
    running_tall Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm an Alabama fan all the way! Glad to say they won, but they have some work to do!