Fitness tracker/ watch under $50?

Options
JollyHodgers87
JollyHodgers87 Posts: 165 Member
edited February 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello! I'm looking for a fitness tracking watch. I've seen many on amazon or walmart etc for $35 or similar with pretty good reviews. I don't need a fancy one because I don't really care about using my watch as a phone or anything like that, thought they claim to be able to. I just care about basics, steps, heart rate, etc.... But all that I'm looking at are knock off versions of the apple watches or fitbits. I'm ok with that. I don't care about using a popular brand. But I'm not familiar with any of them I see. So before I order, does anyone have a cheap suggestion of a fitness tracking watch or wristband with a good screen size that will link with My Fitness Pal? Just wondering your reviews personally because I know there has to be penny pinchers like me on this app lol. What watch do you use if it's under $50? Thanks!
Tagged:

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,443 Member
    Options
    I think the 'linking to mfp' might be the issue here because watch producers need to have the right negotiating power to work together with them. Then you're really looking at things like fitbit or gamin. Another idea might be to look for a used fitbit charge whatever number, or a garmin vivoactive 4 (small?) MIght possibly a bit more expensive than $50, but will sync, and have a nice, motivational environment with it.
  • JollyHodgers87
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I think the 'linking to mfp' might be the issue here because watch producers need to have the right negotiating power to work together with them. Then you're really looking at things like fitbit or gamin. Another idea might be to look for a used fitbit charge whatever number, or a garmin vivoactive 4 (small?) MIght possibly a bit more expensive than $50, but will sync, and have a nice, motivational environment with it.

Good to know. Thank you.
  • JollyHodgers87
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

Good to know. Thank you.

Update: This was super helpful. After reading this and realizing not all fitness trackers were compatible with MFP, I ended up splurging and getting the fitbit charge 5! It wasn't worth it to spend less than $50 and not get to use the features I want. I saved about $60 by using the capital one shopping extension on my browser (you don't have to have a capital one card or account to use it surprisingly! It was going to cost me around $160 on the fitbit website if I added the 1 year warranty. However, I got a new white and rose gold one with a 2 year warranty for $104. Go me and my couponing! I'm so excited to use this and up my health game. Plus I don't think this is too bad of a fee since I'm using it to invest in myself. I don't do that often and I've worked hard. Much appreciated stranger.