Before & After - 4 Months | -60 Lbs... How are others doing?!

Options
2»

Replies

• zeke449
    zeke449 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are indeed an inspiration. Fantastic commitment!
  • rachelwilsonbelmont
    rachelwilsonbelmont Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    That's awesome work. I am in the middle of things but it is taking me a bit longer. Lost 20 pounds over 4 months, then plateaued at the same weight for about 6 months after my stepson died unexpectedly. Unfortunately, it was worse than a plateau - it was a recomp THE WRONG DIRECTION. So, had to drop about 7-8 pounds of flab to truly be back at the same BF%. Now I'm back at the same BF% but at a lower weight. So, now I've got 35 more pounds to go. Recently dropped calories sharply and made up for it by eating only whole foods and protein supplements, protein first, then veg, a carb if there's still any room. Dropped alcohol a few months back, so that's helpful also. Thanks for sharing your workout! I've still got room to grow there...so fatigued all of the time from thyroid problems paired with Orangetheory and caloric reduction. We're trying to get that back on track!
  • SPT5687
    SPT5687 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's awesome work. I am in the middle of things but it is taking me a bit longer. Lost 20 pounds over 4 months, then plateaued at the same weight for about 6 months after my stepson died unexpectedly. Unfortunately, it was worse than a plateau - it was a recomp THE WRONG DIRECTION. So, had to drop about 7-8 pounds of flab to truly be back at the same BF%. Now I'm back at the same BF% but at a lower weight. So, now I've got 35 more pounds to go. Recently dropped calories sharply and made up for it by eating only whole foods and protein supplements, protein first, then veg, a carb if there's still any room. Dropped alcohol a few months back, so that's helpful also. Thanks for sharing your workout! I've still got room to grow there...so fatigued all of the time from thyroid problems paired with Orangetheory and caloric reduction. We're trying to get that back on track!

@rachelwilsonbelmont - Kudos to your dedication. Weight loss and improving fitness is hard enough, stack on the challenges that life throws at us, medical otherwise... It sounds like you're doing a fantastic job. I had to stop looking for quick, short term solutions and think of the long game. Seems you've already got the right mentality. Small changes add up big over time, giving up sugar and alcohol made a big difference in my case. Plateaus can also be challenging or discouraging, and I think generally, definitely in my case, it's an inevitability and when that happens I try to look for NSVs (non-scale victories) and keep pushing forward; eventually the scale will start moving in the right direction again. As a trainer I've used likes to say: "consistency is king", and work on enjoying the journey and focus on progress & wins rather than setbacks - keep up the good work and I think you'll find yourself at your goal post sooner than you think!

Your story and dedication is truly an inspiration. Wishing you all the best and keep up the good work!! :)
  • LGF1935
    LGF1935 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! All of your hard work is paying off. You look great!
  • scline01
    scline01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Very nice! I have been doing good. I have lost almost 7 pounds this year. Slow going back and next issue and the restrictions on my body and the dreaded change of life! Last year I lost 25 pounds and your are righ the first 15 came off fast. I aim for 20-minute walk and 30 of some type of exercising every day.
  • Jesse62
    Jesse62 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great progress my friend
  • MarissaRiv23
    MarissaRiv23 Posts: 406 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! Incredible work!
  • Baz_Man
    Baz_Man Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I go on holiday in 3 1/2 months so there's some hope for me yet! Great job, hopefully I can pick up some of your good habits
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great success😊👍I just got back on this site and when I left it I was at a weight of 183 lbs but I am now at 137 lbs and feel great and love going to the gym and don’t miss all the fast food lol 😀
  • tall_chick_problems
    Options
    I just came back with the same “enough is enough mentality” as well! You look great! Congratulations!
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    at under 6 feet and 250 you carried it well. i never would have guessed. you look great in both pics but what you think and feel is the only thing that matters.
  • DocSkillz
    DocSkillz Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @SPT5687 Thanks a bunch! It is now 5 weeks into weight training. I have adjusted the cardio to three times per week and rather than walking 3K, I am now running 3K in just under 20 minutes. As I entered week four I began doubling up the weight training sessions (once at lunch, meal, hypertrophic session after work). I do a four day split routine and the weight I am able to move has increased since I first started. Cardio is between 3K to 6K (W/S/S) depending on the deficit I need to maintain. The goal is to burn fat while building lean muscle and it is working well. Consistency is definitely the key....

Blood pressure, cholesterol, blood glucose have all returned to normal levels and my resting heart rate is now 60 bpm. Feels good to be fit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!