New to fitness pal

Options
Carollee24
Carollee24 Posts: 12 Member
edited February 2023 in Introduce Yourself
Hi friends. I am just home from the hospital as of today , and I am in need of a life style change. So I am hoping that with the help of the Fitness Pal and all of you that I can achieve what I need with this. I had my first wake up call with a mild heart attack this last week and now I am trying to reverse my years of eating wrong and get my weight down plus get some activity in. I'm 75 years old and I need a lot of encouragement. Blessings to all of you, Carol

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,537 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community Carol!

Take it slow. Set some good goals; maybe your medical team can help suggest some. Make them challenging but attainable, and make them measurable. Then, again - take it slow. You will progress, and rushing it will not make it better.

Then keep sticking to it!

You may have days when you don't stick to it. Don't get upset with yourself. It happens to us all. As soon as you realize it, just let it go and get back to sticking to it. Don't wait until next week or even tomorrow - start right away.

Definitely don't overdo the activity part. Ease into it and then try to do maybe just a LITTLE more each time, and don't forget rest days.

Success awaits! Better health is right there too.