Someone to keep my accountable

Options
Hi!

I am Keaira, 22, and I have been on and off and on and off of MFP. And my weight has gone down and up and down and up again. Now I'm at 67kg (146 pounds). And I'm done with this up and down up and down. My life is changing.. I have a new much more supportive boyfriend, a fulltime job (and still finishing off the thesis for my study) and am looking for a new house, but I'm doing well. I got time to work out, I have found ways to stick to the calorie goals. I have a fitbit for every day, I use Endomondo with a Polar H7 heart rate belt to keep track of workouts. I cycle, I started C25K, and daily Abs exercises, so you'd think i'm doing great.

For now I am. But I know myself and in a few weeks I'll slack.. or in a few months and I'll gain back the pounds I lost.

So on my way to reaching 125 pounds, 55 kilo, who will help me? I'll do my best to support in return, and my diary and exercise is open to anyone and I am online every day, but I'd love a friend or two who can push me when tracking or workouts stop showing up, or if I'm actually doing well, just to be my friend. :)

Replies

• mandysmom092711
    Options
    Hi! I'm Michele and I'd love to support you! My weight also goes up and down! I get serious for awhile then I slack off. I lost 23 pounds but put back on 15. So I'm trying again. We can do this! I will do my best to keep you accountable!
  • Pedza
    Pedza Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Keaira and Michele,

Count me in! I'm new to the community part of MFP and was just searching the site for something like this.

I just joined a group that has a contest starting today: The Ultimate Accountability Challenge: September.

Pedza
  • KeairaSedai
    KeairaSedai Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great, I'm gonna try that group!
  • Pedza
    Options
    Hi Keaira and Michele,

I found another Sept accountability challenge. A little different approach than the other one, as logins are only once a week: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16346-september-accountability-challenge.

Still exploring...

Pedza

Update: For some reason the link doesn't work. The challenge also appears using Search in Groups: "September Accountability Challenge"
  • Pedza
    Options
    Here's another neat group: Mini goals for 1 week :)

They set a goal for a week and log in at the end of the week with an update. I joined... It will be interesting to see how this works.