Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Recipe Share

Options
My daughter and I like to share recipes but that’s impossible with MFP. We were both doing weight watchers & were able to do that. Not here, no recipe sharing here 😒 Why can’t we share our recipes within the app?
7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• 97aturner
    97aturner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Came here to say this as well. It makes no sense. I am a free member but would pay for a membership if it meant being able to share recipes with my husband, who's also a MFP user. This is such a waste of technology, it is a basic feature nowadays. I found forum entries all the way from 2018 requesting this feature 🙃
  • shinigan
    shinigan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Please add this. I already pay for premium but would add my hubby too if we had this function.
  • kuchta2
    kuchta2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We are currently a dual premium member family. Recently, it became necessary for my wife to track everything that she was eating for medical reasons. Because I had already entered all of the family's recipes into my original MFP account I gave that account to my wife, changed all the settings and created a new account for myself. I naively assumed that I could: 1) export the recipes and import them into my new account, OR 2) Friend, my wife's account so that we could share recipes that way. But Nope. The only way is to laboriously enter the recipe ingredient by ingredient into the new account. What a waste of time. The requests for this feature go back at least 4 years. Please implement it.
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 728 MFP Staff
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback on this! While it is not currently possible to directly share a recipe, it is possible to copy nutritional information of recipes once they've been logged to the food diary as a meal.

As a workaround for friends or family on the program who have set their "Diary Sharing" options to allow you to view their diary, you can Copy a Meal (logged Recipe/Food) from a friend's diary to yours.
  • AngelsHere2009
    AngelsHere2009 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was just looking for a recipe sharing option as well, with my daughter. My daughter's comment was, "seems so out of date to NOT be able to share!". As for the workaround listed above, December 2023, I cannot see how to do that on the app. I'll see if can do on the laptop. Good luck to myself!!!
  • bdreller2023
    bdreller2023 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Putting in my up-vote for this feature. My wife and I are both premium members and diligently track nutrition. Having to perform the tedious task of manually entering all of a recipe's ingredients twice is annoying. Since I can already copy a recipe for myself, why not extend that copying of the data payload to another account or database? Another feature to add to juice the value of premium memberships ;)