200+ Pounds to lose Please Motivate

Options
I have over 200 pounds to lose and don't even know where to start....I also have a very rough time with motivation...If someone could just gear me in the right direction and give me some motivation I would appreciate it...Thanks

Replies

• _Moose51_
    Options
    Only you can help yourself but I can cheer you on.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hey and welcome to the forum! I'm in a similar position and to be honest nobody else can motivate you, we can all cheer you on and share the journey, but ultimately it has to be you who decides it's time to make that change. Ideally I'd like to lose around 185lbs, but I know to do that I have to change my whole lifestyle and attitude to food and exercise. I'm not even sure what got me here, I just decided enough was enough and I needed to change. Luckily MFP and all the lovely people on here are alwYs around for help and support. Add some friends, get logging, maybe think about getting a fitbit for more encouragement and get yourself on the road to a healthier lifestyle. I'll add you now and I'm on here everyday so let's help each other xx
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    If you have Netflix check out the film Hungry for Change. That gave me unbelievable motivation. It has changed my whole way of thinking of food and how I can work and live with it in a healthy way!

I did a 7 day juice fast to get me started. Now I juice twice a day and eat a really healthy meal of plant based foods. I am doing so well and feel great.

But that movie gave me the great motivational start I needed to change my ways for good.

Good luck. :)
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    speaking of Netflix, I recommend Fat Head
    You gotta find what inspires YOU :)
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have over 200 pounds to lose and don't even know where to start....I also have a very rough time with motivation...If someone could just gear me in the right direction and give me some motivation I would appreciate it...Thanks

I got 130+ to lose. come look at my pro and my friends pros. we'll help you all we can
  • lost_my_soul
    lost_my_soul Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I think it's great that you have taken the first step on your journey to losing the weight; recognising that you need to and sourcing at ways to help you by joining MFP.

I've added you as a friend and am happy to encourage you! I think we all need a little help sometimes.

x
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Look up Divaslimsdown on youtube. She has an amazing story and I think it might really help encourage you.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    It may seem overwhelming, but you can do it!
    You are worth it! One day at a time. They add up very quickly.
    It is not easy, but worth the effort you put in when the results begin to show. Read the success stories. That was one of the most beneficial things for me, especially when I felt like giving up.

Eighteen months ago, I never would have believed where I would be today. So many attempts and so many failures. I will be 62 at the end of September. I wish I would have had MFP decades ago.

Best of luck to you!
  • tonia101379
    Options
    Thank you all for your response. You all really helped me....Again Thank you...
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I started of needing to lose 235 lbs. At first for me it seemed long, hard exhausting. I started off with small steps and worked my way into a routine. I always have kept the long term goal in mind but did not only think about that. I've set small goals and gave my time limits to reach them. If I fell short, I did not beat myself up because the truth is when you have this amount of weight to lose you will have days where you slip up, fall down, fail. You just get up and keep going no matter what and be patient with yourself. I'm sure it took a while to get where you are today it will take some time to get to where you want to be. Bad long term habits have to be broken and replaced with good healthy habits. It takes 30 days to create a habit and 9 months to create a lifestyle. Last of all use this support system and tell others that are a positive influence in your life what you are doing to help keep you accountable and motivated. Once the weight starts to fall off you will be proud and want to keep going. Find a plan that is realistic, and doable. That means not something restricted and too hard whearas you cannot possibly stay on it the rest of your life. You are in control of your life, and you CAN do it. There are people before you who have. Don't ever ever give up no matter what!
  • lori_marie92
    Options
    You can do it! Just find a program that works for you, gives you results but also makes you exicted to do it again tomorrow. I also think it's important to find something that fits your lifestyle. If you can dedicate 30 mins a day there are tons of programs that are 30 minutes a day and 5 or 6 days a week.
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When I started, I had 120 pounds to lose, and I was afraid I'd never be able to do it, but then I decided to lose one pound, and that was so easy to do that I realized I could do it 100 times.
    So far, I've lost that first pound 35 times, and it's getting easier and easier.
    Just lose one. Just one....
  • Selena8865
    Options
    Hey I am new to this too. I am glad to have you on board, that is the first step, YOU SIGNED UP!!!!!!!
    Well grad kids just came. Over talk later
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You have to motivate yourself and put in the work just grab a bunch of friends and keep plugging along..really people have a hard enough time keeping themselves going...best thing to do is make a plan and stick to it ..stay accountable and have goals.
  • kennedywalker
    kennedywalker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :wink: Firstly, congratulations on making the move to join here and share your story. I can help motivate you and you me. I didn't know where to start initially either but one day I just woke up and thought....TODAY IS THE DAY!! I make better food choices and joined Curves and do a 30 min workout 5 days a week. My day off is Thursday and Sunday, but on these days I go for a walk for about 7klms. I also let myself have a treat on these days....mmmm like a chocolate. I have cut out soft drink/butter and cut down on sugar in my coffee from one spoon to 1/2 spoon. All these initial changes made a big difference and I am already 5.1kgs down in 5 weeks and 4 days. You have to MOVE IT to LOSE IT is my motto. No more excuses for me. Keep up your positive attitude !!
  • eelacey1
    Options
    Congratulations! The first step is the hardest. I am using a health coach thru my Doctor...it is helpful. I am also eating 5 small meals. That seems to really be the key for me. Hang in there. I am just starting as well.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I just created a group... the get fit chicks.

feel free to join the group..... I have well over 100+ pounds to lose (190 something)
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    On where to start:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

It's a long read, but well worth it.

As to motivation, that's really up to you. You are the one in control.
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    This guy is pretty inspiring. Not only was he overweight, he couldn't walk without canes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448
  • Mayada32
    Mayada32 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well joining MFP is the best start for your time-for-a change as logging your food and exercise really helps you know what and how much you are actually eating .. Now for where to start , just start with small changes in your life style and your food and beverages choices .. You can start cooking a healthy meal once a week and try drinking water often .. shop for healthy snacks like fruits & nuts and try to eliminate temptations from your pantry as "if it is not there , I can't eat !!!" .. Try to fit a 30 minutes exercise 3 times a week at the beginning , you can break it up into 2 15 minutes sessions .. do anything you enjoy to make you move more and you will see pounds lost with these small changes .. for motivation , as others said it is YOU who decides the time for a change but what worked for me is being in a challenge with my demons and bad cravings and you know what , after a while these cravings disappear thought they come back every now and then but not as frequent which means I AM THE THE ONE IN CONTROL now..
    All the best in your journey and we r all here to help each other .. :heart: :flowerforyou: